Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That's the worst ref so farn this season

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
The answer to 3 is (I presume) that the ref has blown for the pen before it goes out for a corner. It's therefore dead but no idea why it's drop ball to Sanchez
Watched it time and time again and the ball was dead and had hit the boarding and rebounded before he blew the whistle in position 'X' in the below picture and should have been a corner, not a dropball, just another cockup.
You can watch the replay on hoofoot.com

Attachments

• ggggggggg.png
    ggggggggg.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is this the most carelessly entitled thread posted on NSC this farn?

(Sorry, couldn't resisn).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nonsense. I was surprised and pleased that he sent off Gallagher. Like most refs he made some cockups but some of them went our way.
In the land of the biased, the one-eyed man is (something something something)

:thumbsup:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
So just what was this all about? Why was he so upset with the refs - penalty given to them, Caicedo not sent off, penalty against them overturned - I would have thought he should have been quite happy?

1701640407936.png

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Watched it time and time again and the ball was dead and had hit the boarding and rebounded before he blew the whistle in position 'X' in the below picture and should have been a corner, not a dropball, just another cockup.
You can watch the replay on hoofoot.com
Wasn't sure about the penalty at the time, but the non-award of the corner was an absolute joke.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Wasn't sure about the penalty at the time, but the non-award of the corner was an absolute joke.
At the time I was completely bemused, but that was because didn't know the rule.
Apparently it does not matter what happened after the award of the penalty, the game restarts with a drop ball once the VAR review has overturned a pen.

shit rule and cost us our momentum.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
After seeing it again, Pawson gave a penalty. He is then sent to the screen and over turns it. The laws of the game state this then becomes an uncontested drop ball.
That rule needs changing. It leaves the game open to fixing. It should be rewritten the be a corner on that situation.
If not it opens the door to a referee awarding a penalty then overturning it and getting the ball back to the other team.
The ball went out for a corner and then he awarded a penalty. After deciding it wasn't it should go back to where play was.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
That rule needs changing. It leaves the game open to fixing. It should be rewritten the be a corner on that situation.
If not it opens the door to a referee awarding a penalty then overturning it and getting the ball back to the other team.
The ball went out for a corner and then he awarded a penalty. After deciding it wasn't it should go back to where play was.
I think the contentious part is that the drop ball goes to the defending team, who were most likely not in control of the ball at the time of the offence.
Fair enough when a dive is being overturned but not when a ref makes a mistake.
Whether or not a corner should be given is a moot point.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
So just what was this all about? Why was he so upset with the refs - penalty given to them, Caicedo not sent off, penalty against them overturned - I would have thought he should have been quite happy?

View attachment 170741
Surely putting hands on the ref means a ban will be coming his way …

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Is RDZ trying a different approach now to get refs onside? Having played bad cop with the 80% comment, he is now saying he trusts Webb. Wolves aside, we do seem to irritate refs more than most clubs, so why not try the good cop approach :shrug:

Pawson was not awful, just being Pawson, always a little inconsistent and sparking controversy with his style of reffing. He did not cost us the game.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

View attachment 170741
The hard reality is he is doing poorly as a manager, huge spending and way off the pace. Chelsea are a joke

Worst ref this season. I never comment on referees but there were some shocking decisions.

1. Caicedo should have been off for second yellow challenge
2. Never a penalty for them
3. Farcical end to game with the Colwill 'handball' not handball, but should therefore have been a corner to us, why did he hand the ball to Sanchez?.

Chelsea a very weak side and on the brighter side will look forward to 3 points at the Amex in return fixture

UTA
But it's been confirmed that Caicedo wasn't booked anyway so he wasn't on a yellow card.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
I think the contentious part is that the drop ball goes to the defending team, who were most likely not in control of the ball at the time of the offence.
Fair enough when a dive is being overturned but not when a ref makes a mistake.
Whether or not a corner should be given is a moot point.
Well yes. My point is that the current rules are open to be used in an unsporting manner.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The answer to 3 is (I presume) that the ref has blown for the pen before it goes out for a corner. It's therefore dead but no idea why it's drop ball to Sanchez
Why not? What else do you suggest the ref does with it? I guess a drop ball to us would have given us too big an opportunity to score.
The last person it touched before it went out of play at the referee’s whistle was Colwill - in the face, not in the hand - so we’re Chelsea in possession?

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
But it's been confirmed that Caicedo wasn't booked anyway so he wasn't on a yellow card.
I thought he had been, but you’re right. Infuriating inconsistency given the number of fouls he committed whilst Hinshelwood was given the softest yellow I’ve seen for a while :shrug:

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Strange how everyones view is different. I thought he had a good game, and VAR did exactly what it was there for.....even if both decisions were against us!
I mostly agree. I was in the home end (shhh) and Chelski fans were livid with him (when in fact what he was doing was actually penalising the home side for fouls, which very rarely seems to happen). Many refs would have bottled the second yellow for Gallagher. I didn’t think theirs was a penalty on first viewing, but looking at it on TV I can understand why it was given. It was a direct result of the lack of pace in our side from CM backwards once Baleba came off, which is a concern.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here