Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thatcher dead?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Anyone who cannot see the wonderful foresight, leadership and political prowess of Margaret Hilda Thatcher is unreal.

This is so sad its funny, I can picture you in your little house wearing a Union Flag waistcoat in the mode of Tim Brooke-Taylor in The Goodies. With your 2.4 children and twee little mousey wife you rail against the daily injustices of British life spoon fed to you by The Daily Mail and The Daily Express.
You trumpet how good British people should stand against jonny foreigner and the Unions and remember Thatch's Great Leap Forward, but. in reality, you have a house that is not worth what you paid for it, you pay ever increasing fares on French trains to get to your minimum wage job ( if you are lucky !) which just about earns you enough to pay the German and French shareholders who supply your Gas, Electricity and mobile phone.

You really are a sorry,sad little man living in a little world of your own, one day, I hope that the penny drops and you realise that Thatcher sold everything Britain owned to offer short term tax breaks in order to stay in power. Her "legacy " is to watch our wages and profits siphoned out of the country while our jobs, services and infrastructures wither.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Probably not, no.

Either some bizarre viral bollocks to do with a film or a coincidence involving another M.Thatcher.

The passing of this great lady will never be a good time for this blue through and through community so I hope when the horrible day does arrive it is during the Summer months due to the obvious week downtime we will all take to reflect and remember.

The nightmare scenario might be that they'll graft her brsain etc into this other woman's body, and restore it to life.

The Maggietron....:eek::eek:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
This is so sad its funny, I can picture you in your little house wearing a Union Flag waistcoat in the mode of Tim Brooke-Taylor in The Goodies. With your 2.4 children and twee little mousey wife you rail against the daily injustices of British life spoon fed to you by The Daily Mail and The Daily Express.

Are you kidding? 2.4 rentboys more likely.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
There were probably no more hard working,proud, diligent Englishmen (as per another of your earlier posting drivel) than the miners.

while i wouldnt disagree with that, the first thing they would tell their kids is get a better job than working down t'mine. at least my welsh ancestors did, and left the valleys when the opportunities arose over the years. too much romantic clap trap about mining, it was a tough job that wasnt enjoyed, no one ever said "i'm leaving accountacy to work down the mines"*. you can blame Thatcher all day long, the mines would have been shut over the years because they were inefficient and costly.

* theres a good Python sketch along those line though, "Northern Playwright" .

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
You trumpet how good British people should stand against jonny foreigner and the Unions and remember Thatch's Great Leap Forward, but. in reality, you have a house that is not worth what you paid for it, you pay ever increasing fares on French trains to get to your minimum wage job ( if you are lucky !) which just about earns you enough to pay the German and French shareholders who supply your Gas, Electricity and mobile phone.

You really are a sorry,sad little man living in a little world of your own, one day, I hope that the penny drops and you realise that Thatcher sold everything Britain owned to offer short term tax breaks in order to stay in power. Her "legacy " is to watch our wages and profits siphoned out of the country while our jobs, services and infrastructures wither.

:clap:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Nice rant Veg :thumbsup:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
while i wouldnt disagree with that, the first thing they would tell their kids is get a better job than working down t'mine. at least my welsh ancestors did, and left the valleys when the opportunities arose over the years. too much romantic clap trap about mining, it was a tough job that wasnt enjoyed, no one ever said "i'm leaving accountacy to work down the mines"*. you can blame Thatcher all day long, the mines would have been shut over the years because they were inefficient and costly.

What about lion-taming, then? I always wanted to be a lion-tamer meself not an FCA...

Anyone who cannot see the wonderful foresight, leadership and political prowess of Margaret Hilda Thatcher is unreal.

You laud this woman?

The woman who had the wonderful foresight and leadership to import cheap Polish coal instead of using British coal during the miners strike. How very, very loyal and patriotic of her to buy coal off one of our then idealogical enemies. Ever heard of the Cold War?

Mrs Thatcher is definitely marmite. Love her or hate her. In my case it is the former. In my opinion the best Prime Minister in my life time & I am in my 40s.
She put the Great into Britain, liberated us from the stranglehold of the unions, encouraged enterprise & created opportunities for all to become whoever they wanted, whether aspiring to become a homeowner or to take that extra step to further your education. Under Mrs Thatcher the UK punched well above its weight within the world & on the world stage.

To anyone who really believes that this country was a worse place under her leadership, please emigrate to Belgium or to take your pick of any of those lovely Arab countries.

D

Deleted User X18H

Which house?

D

Deleted User X18H

You laud this woman?

The woman who had the wonderful foresight and leadership to import cheap Polish coal instead of using British coal during the miners strike. How very, very loyal and patriotic of her to buy coal off one of our then idealogical enemies. Ever heard of the Cold War?

No we had Polish coal.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove

My point is not to do with the mines closing down, I agree that was inevitable.

HB&B rabbits on about hard working, proud , diligent Englishmen loving her and lords it over the fact that she crushed a community in order to crush the unions!! and the fact that coppers from all over the nation made a fortune. Making money on the back of other peoples misfortune, That is her legacy.

A later poster has stated she is like 'marmite' love her or hate her!! I totally agree with that, and as I have previously stated I will never celebrate in the death of anyone. However, I will equally refuse to accept that she put the 'Great in Britain' she put the 'Greed in Britain' that still exists to this very day!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Top lady who lead the country as a true leader.

Yes a load of morons will not doubt be pleased when she dies however I suspect the majority will have forgotten how much they benefitted from her policies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here