Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That York city game

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Me on the pitch and proud of it. The loads of other hooligans from other teams is total rubbish.

York 1.jpgYork 2.jpg

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
I wish I had known because I wouldn't have taken my oldest son and wasted precious money I didn't have , I was fuming and had a go at the blokes that broke the south goal --3 rows in front of me, looking back I'm lucky two other blokes stepped forward to stop me being attacked as I was calming down(numb with shock) I saw other people being threatened while having a go at people on the pitch.

when our club is in trouble-and has been several times its human nature as football and love of the Albion runs deep that we will have disputes and turn on each other as feelings run high.
Sad times indeed and so unnecessary, but for greed and theft , thank god our club survived and so to Man City we charge on Hurrah !!!!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
This is approaching the biggest load of nonsense I have ever read on here! And that is indeed say something.
I think the OP has belatedly, 21 years later in fact, caught up with urban legend that Combat 18 or whoever were involved. The higher than normal attendance was due to the fact that it was perceived at the time, that this was likely to be the last ever match at the Goldstone

The pitch invasion and subsequent destruction of the goals was arranged by Albion fans in the days before and finalised in the hours before kick off, at the Hove Park Tavern.

It was a chance , and one that was taken,to highlight the asset striping and mismanagement of the club to a wider audience. And how it worked. There was no violence apart from the goals being torn down and that aimed at the directors box.

Some old ladies had a picnic in the centre circle. One of whom I sat next to at Withdean for a number of years. RIP Shelia.

That is probably the best post you've ever made on here.

I was one of the fans who ran on the pitch (although I didn't break the goals), and yes I'm Albion. What's more I'm proud of my involvement. If there were fans of any other club out on that pitch they were hiding it extremely well.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I often wonder, had this game not been abandoned, would we be where we are today ?
Me too. I think that day irredeemably changed our club for the better. Such a sad day but so much good came from it. It was the moment our fans said enough is enough and drew a line in the sand.

I think, for some of us older ones, the feeling of togetherness and eventually success against the odds with Micky Adams team, is one that can breed a kind of dissatisfaction but which also can make our current success all the more enjoyable.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This is approaching the biggest load of nonsense I have ever read on here! And that is indeed say something.
I think the OP has belatedly, 21 years later in fact, caught up with urban legend that Combat 18 or whoever were involved. The higher than normal attendance was due to the fact that it was perceived at the time, that this was likely to be the last ever match at the Goldstone

The pitch invasion and subsequent destruction of the goals was arranged by Albion fans in the days before and finalised in the hours before kick off, at the Hove Park Tavern.

It was a chance , and one that was taken,to highlight the asset striping and mismanagement of the club to a wider audience. And how it worked. There was no violence apart from the goals being torn down and that aimed at the directors box.

Some old ladies had a picnic in the centre circle. One of whom I sat next to at Withdean for a number of years. RIP Shelia.

Tim this is the best thing you've ever posted on NSC. If I could & I wasn't on my phone I'd give you 6 thumbs up! Agree 100% [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Great question. But you don't get the highest crowd of the season for the last game having just been relegated unless you have guests. There were tons of Chelsea, milwall, charlton and even palace present that day.

You're talking absolute shit

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
You're talking absolute shit

I was fishing with that comment. Seems to have ruffled a few feathers. Of course, I didn't have time to survey everyone's team preferences during the 'riot'. However, I do believe there to be truth in my original post.

D

Deleted User X18H

Tim this is the best thing you've ever posted on NSC. If I could & I wasn't on my phone I'd give you 6 thumbs up! Agree 100% [emoji106][emoji106]

Gee thanks. I am almost moved to tears.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Me too. I think that day irredeemably changed our club for the better. Such a sad day but so much good came from it. It was the moment our fans said enough is enough and drew a line in the sand.

I think, for some of us older ones, the feeling of togetherness and eventually success against the odds with Micky Adams team, is one that can breed a kind of dissatisfaction but which also can make our current success all the more enjoyable.
Exactly right. None of us wanted to do it - and we've never done it since. It was actually a great day in the history of BHA FC - although I appreciate some of the bobble-hats didn't see it that way at the time (And still don't judging by some of the posts on this thread)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I was fishing with that comment. Seems to have ruffled a few feathers. Of course, I didn't have time to survey everyone's team preferences during the 'riot'. However, I do believe there to be truth in my original post.

You mean you've been found out and now you're back-tracking.

You were talking bollocks then and nothing has changed with this latest Katie Hopkins style waffling

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
I was at this game, went with another irregular fan. We only decided to go to the game at 2 so we arrived just before kickoff and could only get in the East stand corner near the North.

We obviously had no chance of getting on the pitch even if we had wanted to but I was fairly sure this was likely to be the last Albion match played at the Goldstone which was why there were 2 more fans there for that game to swell the attendance.

Some nice memories of that day - I agree with others it was a monumental turning point in the club's history and why we have so much to look forward to 38 times next season be they wins, losses or draws........

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I was there - why wouldn't I be at the last game (as we thought at the time) at the Goldstone ? I didn't go on the pitch - I stood there horrified and in tears that this was happening to my ground. It had been a poisonous atmosphere at the Goldstone for much of that season and this was the (almost) inevitable end to it.
In hindsight it was the best thing that could have happened as it gave us publicity and we were featured in all the Sunday papers.
My girlfriend and I thought it important that we go to the rearranged match on the Thursday lunchtime - the ground had been hurriedly patched up but it was a strange atmosphere. We were sat in the upper west stand (did they close the west terracing for that game ?)a row in front of the Carlisle chairman who was there to see fair play done. As I said it was a strange muted atmosphere and we duly ran out and got stuffed.
I used to get the club's official video at the end of every season and I remember the report on the last game with the commentator saying something along the lines of "The last match of the season was played on a Thursday which was odd - I don't know why it was played on a Thursday ".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here