Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That winning goal

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The TV coverage showed that Neal Maupay had verbals with one of the Everton players after he'd scored his penalty.

And based on this recent tweet by the club, it looks like he grabbed the ball after the winning goal and then "gave" it to Pickford! He's an annoying little fecker, isn't he. :lol:

[TWEET]1188906596509847552[/TWEET]

Very amusingly, the video posted earlier in this thread suggests that Pickford then attempted to welly the ball straight back to Maupay!!!!

[TWEET]1188379735329513473[/TWEET]

I do love an Albion player who has a feisty edge to him!!!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
The most important point for me is that we had the confidence and nerve to try a move like that in injury time when previously we would have happily settled for the point.

Yes that struck me. Maupay sticks the penalty in and just carries on running, almost without pausing to get the ball out the net

Delightful

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The TV coverage showed that Neal Maupay had verbals with one of the Everton players after he'd scored his penalty.

And based on this recent tweet by the club, it looks like he grabbed the ball after the winning goal and then "gave" it to Pickford! He's an annoying little fecker, isn't he. :lol:

Very amusingly, the video posted earlier in this thread suggests that Pickford then attempted to welly the ball straight back to Maupay!!!!

Agreed! He is rapidly becoming my favourite Albion player. Sorry Shane!

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

[TWEET]1188379735329513473[/TWEET

Maupay directed his verbals at Holgate who had been in his ear before the penalty was taken.
Holgate got some retribution on Maupay with a late lunge with resulted in a yellow and led to Dunk’s free kick.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

After the pen he apparently called Holgate a ‘prick’ (after he grabs the ball and starts jogging back)

Top lad [emoji106][emoji16]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He had a huge wait before taking the penalty, and I imagine the Everton players were trying to put him off, which is why he gave them some stick after he scored.

You can see it in the main footage too - presumably more shit because of the first bit.

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
Maupay directed his verbals at Holgate who had been in his ear before the penalty was taken.
Holgate got some retribution on Maupay with a late lunge with resulted in a yellow and led to Dunk’s free kick.

how was Holgate not sent off for that?? Was clearly waiting for a chance to take him out.

Great thread- the winning goal was a thing of beauty and the exchange between Neal and Pickford is hilarious - well spotted NSC :clap2::albion2:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
how was Holgate not sent off for that?? Was clearly waiting for a chance to take him out.

Great thread- the winning goal was a thing of beauty and the exchange between Neal and Pickford is hilarious - well spotted NSC :clap2::albion2:

Shocking challenge but the media and most fans would rather gripe about a soft penalty.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Magnificent!

When it is your team scoring, there are very few better sounds in life than that roar when the ball hits the back of the net!

I loved the roar after the first goal. The place seemed really quiet and then, all of a sudden :O

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I loved the roar after the first goal. The place seemed really quiet and then, all of a sudden :O
Surely you mean after the VAR check after the first goal?

:whistle:

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Slow day in the office ... winding down before coming home for good at the end of this week (via Bali and Hong Kong of course).

Been watching that last goal again and again and it is a thing of rare beauty. I'm sure this doesn't do it justice but, apart from Alzate's shovelled backheel it's more or less all here ... majestic

:bowdown:

Dan Burn.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Slow day in the office ... winding down before coming home for good at the end of this week (via Bali and Hong Kong of course).

Been watching that last goal again and again and it is a thing of rare beauty. I'm sure this doesn't do it justice but, apart from Alzate's shovelled backheel it's more or less all here ... majestic

:bowdown:

View attachment 116694

Needs to start with Ryan’s look up and quick throw........otherwise [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here