Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That was brilliant, absolutely brilliant

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Utterly brilliant being an Albion fan at the minute, so much to be proud of.

I honestly struggle to remember us having a more committed, likeable and talented group of players in my time as a fan - an undoubted reflection of the man who's steering things on the touchline, too.
Good post. Also reflects Tony Bloom better now.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yup. Just enjoy the moment, folks.

Whether you are our oldest fan or our youngest, we are unlikely to ever experience the likes of this again in our lifetimes.

What we are experiencing now will go down in Albion folklore and will be the benchmark that all Albion sides long after we are all dead and buried will be measured against. The start of the 2015/16 season will go down in history - no matter how it ultimately all ends up.

I've a feeling it will be remembered for a lot longer if it does lead to promotion though!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It really was a superb game
Its not so much we are undefeated,i doubt if being honest we are the best team in the league(table will prove me wrong) but we have a bunch of players that have fought hard for every single point earned this season,commitment is 100%.,trust in the team and management is 100%
That is the Albion i want to see play every week.

lets enjoy it while it lasts

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
It really was a superb game
Its not so much we are undefeated,i doubt if being honest we are the best team in the league(table will prove me wrong) but we have a bunch of players that have fought hard for every single point earned this season,commitment is 100%.,trust in the team and management is 100%
That is the Albion i want to see play every week.

lets enjoy it while it lasts

Absolutely agree. Not a single sherker in the team. March, who I felt was being a little too soft, is like a changed man since half time v Bristol City. CH/CC and NJ really do have an incredible way with this group of players and to me they personify CH. When I hear him talking in press conferences and or about other off pitch events (such as the Shoreham air crash) he comes across as a ruddy nice bloke and yet on the touchline there's a steely eyed determination about him that clearly transmits to the players.

It's an utterly brilliant time to be a supporter and I for one literally cannot wait for each and every single game.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
The team, the fans, everything about our club right now. What a fantastic afternoon watching on the box and jealous of all of you there.

It was a 4-0 performance, and perhaps with the inexplicably disallowed goal and Wilson's shot off the post, it would have been 4.

happy happy happy

Yes, absolutely. Great entertainment, the club has shown commitment this last week with the loan signings, and another good performance against one of the better teams, whose record away from home hitherto was impressive. Again, we were so much better, and all I want for Christmas is a margin that reflects our dominance. Talking to BC fans afterwards - they said that realistically before the match they had hoped for a draw at best which in itself is a compliment. Solly was superb -how wrong I was to write in the early autumn that he was not good enough! Wonderful times. Enjoy!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I can't recall a time when I enjoyed a game quite so much as yesterday. The quality of Albion's football was sublime; and surprisingly we kept up the level of play for 90 mins. We are top of the table on merit I believe and if we can continue to perform like that throughout the rest of the season we will be in the Premier league next year. What a great, great time it is to be a Brighton fan. Last season now seems but a distant memory.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes. seemed odd to say the least. Stockers was wasting time, to be fair, and it might have been some spite by the ref to have given so much.

5 subs - 2.30
1 goal - .30
4 (?) bookings 2.00
Dale's injury - 1.00
Our time wasting - a bit more

Doesn't seem too unreasonable TBH.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Really really enjoyable game of football today. We were sublime at times and could easily have won by more. They were cynical at times but at least showed intent going forward, so made a good end to end game of it.

Not even a very petty ref could spoil what was possibly my favourite game so far this season.

We 1066 ers know what we are talking about! Superb match. On the train home, very noticeable how many fans come from our area now - train was packed. For the first time today, I really sensed that the momentum is building - more fans, clear buzz on the concourse before and after, club showing commitment with the loan signings, good sales of half season tickets, and the team were so dominant against one of the better teams. Just please, team, give us a score-line that reflects our dominance!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We were absolutely outstanding and the West Upper was rocking. March and Murphy were menaces but Kayal controlled the game at will. Wilson looked the business and I finally got my son to agree that Stockdale (this season's slimline version) is a better keeper than PIG. Bruno was also superb as was Rosenior till he went off. Left back is our only problem position now. Not sure who'd s going there. Calde? Hünemeier? Chickson?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
It was absolutely brilliant. fantastic dominant performance, no-one let the team down. My GF who is an Evertonian said it was the best match she's been to by a mile, she didn't sit down the whole game !! A Brummie fan on his mobile queueing for the train after was saying to his mate that it will be us and Derby going up, nice to hear !!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Best performance this season so far, deserved to be won by more than 1 goal too. Every player put in a shift, Wilson looked good in the half hour or so he got and was unlucky not to score. Kayal ruled the midfield, Stephens was as hard working as ever and Solly March was simply brilliant, a deserved man of the match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here