Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That second Solly goal

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Even so still surprised no booking
He went over the advertising hoarding where the crowd met him by going over pitchside barrier, so I guess that's ok.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
An absolute joy of a goal. Still not quite sure how he angled it the way he did. Not a finish you see very odd curling away as it did rather than curling in.

As a big Solly fan for many many years I have to say that goal gave me as much pleasure as I've seen at the AMEX.

Dec 29, 2011
I thought the pass from Ferguson was a little late and behind March. It's lucky March was able to produce such a nice finish so it's didn't matter

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
An absolute joy of a goal. Still not quite sure how he angled it the way he did. Not a finish you see very odd curling away as it did rather than curling in.

As a big Solly fan for many many years I have to say that goal gave me as much pleasure as I've seen at the AMEX.
It was one of those hold your breath moments and then utter delight and madness in the West Upper as it sailed past Alisson and was received rapturously into the far side of the goal. An amazing moment and like you, one of my favourite moments from the Amex. I honestly could not have felt any better than I did at that moment. Thank you Brighton and Hove Albion, thank you Roberto De Zerbi, and thank you Solly March.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I agree an absolutely wonderful goal, and from a player who's number one problem is normally a lack of confidence!

It wasn't until l got home and saw the match highlights that l realised just how good a goal Danny's was too, chipping the ball over Gomez with one foot, then rifling it home on the volley with the other.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
it was mint.

why though are we talking about not getting booked? cant we just revel in the class of the run and strike?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I would have thought it would have been turned into a meme by now. His body shape when he shoots looked ripe for transposing him into pictures of Zombie movies or pairing him up with the Roy Hodgson funny walk.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
I agree an absolutely wonderful goal, and from a player who's number one problem is normally a lack of confidence!

It wasn't until l got home and saw the match highlights that l realised just how good a goal Danny's was too, chipping the ball over Gomez with one foot, then rifling it home on the volley with the other.
I think you'll find that Danny's flick and his shot were both with his right. Lovely goal.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He’s admitted that himself :laugh: Sit more or less behind where he hit it from…….’ah, damn, poor first touch‘ was my immediate thought at the time, which lasted about half a second
I totally got what he said about ‘digging it out’ as was exactly my thoughts. It was too close to his feet to get a decent shot away and the touch was average - but he somehow did it. Weird goal and unexpected given where the ball was and the defender / keeper. Class.

And yes I said Welbs / Gazza - underrated goal I think!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Danny used his right foot twice :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here