Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That 'penalty' ....

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
That website's been going for ages and i've never heard of it making the blindest bit of difference to the standard of refereeing. You don't hear Gary Lineker mentioning Uriah Rennie getting a slating on Rate the Ref.com.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Spoke to a lot of Coventry fans after the match and at work today and none of them knew why they got a penalty either. They were almost embarrased by it.

Cheshire Seagull

Man Mountain
May 22, 2004
Chester
At the time I had no idea what the idiot had given the penalty for. However having played it back 20 or so times on TV I noticed 2 things...

1. As the corner comes in, Oatway (I think?) has got his arm in the air and only just moves it out of the way before flicking the ball on. The idiot may have thought he used his hand?

2. Near the penalty spot, Dolan has got the wrong side of the chap he is marking and it looks like Dolan is holding him back. Maybe this is what the idiot saw, but his eyesight must be fantasic if he did!

Doesn't excuse the generally crap performance from the officials though. I thought the game was very stop start due to the whistle happy idiot.

Roll on Tuesday where Prosser will hand us 3 points on a plate by giving us a couple of penalties (not fvcking likely!!)

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
The ref definately kept pointing to his arm after awarding the penalty, so we could only presume then that is was for handball. So how can it be for shirt pulling? I think the ref should be required to provide a report of any major decisions.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Safeway said:
On Sky Sports this morning they said it was given against Guy Butters for pulling an opponant's shirt.

Does anyone know if that's just Sky's opinion, or do they somehow find out for certain?

They used the same footage last night and said it was hand ball. I've replayed it many times. Was not a handball and the referee couldn't possibly have thought so. No players hand is anywhere near the ball.

The only thing I can think of is that Butters was holding but if it was he wouldn't have gained an advantage because he player he was holding wouldn't have got anywhere near the ball before McCammon heads it.

Its bizarre.

Roger Mellie

Sep 27, 2004
London SE1
Just seen football league review and they say it was against DOLAN for pushing - nobody knows for sure - there must be some way for the club to get some explanation from the ref??

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
mona said:
Stop wasting time, it was simply a case of bent refereeing.

The football authorities want us DOWN !!!!!

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

It's all a conspiracy!

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
The joke is he pointed to his arm showing hand ball

after the game it was shirt pulling

no conspiracy just complete shit for refs in this league

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here