Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That outdoor bar at the Amex

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A much better bet than the 45 minute queue in the WSU sweltering sauna bar.

That seems to me to be a genuine Health & Safety issue. WSU does indeed get like a sauna at this time of year, and with a 45 minute queue for liquids, and there being no drinking water available in the toilets, then spending 2 or 3 hours in the WSU could lead to some people becoming fairly seriously dehydrated. You'd think it maybe common sense for people to bring along a bottle of water at this time of year, but maybe the club should be stressing this, if only to partially cover themselves from any liability. Even SASTA do that.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That seems to me to be a genuine Health & Safety issue. WSU does indeed get like a sauna at this time of year, and with a 45 minute queue for liquids, and there being no drinking water available in the toilets, then spending 2 or 3 hours in the WSU could lead to some people becoming fairly seriously dehydrated. You'd think it maybe common sense for people to bring along a bottle of water at this time of year, but maybe the club should be stressing this, if only to partially cover themselves from any liability. Even SASTA do that.

The usual new season chaos and a frustrating catalogue of missed orders, poor signage, cash/no cash confusion, mistakes, and queues reported on here but has anyone reported 45 minute delays in WSU serving. ?
45 minutes !! Forgive me if that is the case.
I waited 10 minutes after arriving at 7.10pm in the booth / North End.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The usual new season chaos and a frustrating catalogue of missed orders, poor signage, cash/no cash confusion, mistakes, and queues reported on here but has anyone reported 45 minute delays in WSU serving. ?

[MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] on the Catering thread is one that springs to mind? And presumably - as a minimum - everyone behind him in that queue. And probably every other person in every other queue at that kiosk at that time. OK, Easy 10 'only' reported a queueing time of 40 minutes, but in what parallel universe is that an acceptable level of customer service?

The WSU was a complete and utter clusterf**k. Got there at 6.50, finally got a beer at 7.30. Crushingly slow service, every transaction took an absolute AGE because they didn't know how to work the tills. Colleagues were being called over left, right and centre to peer at the screen and prod at it while the tills the colleagues were called from stood unserved. Nobody in charge, no visible supervisor or manager to help with the problems.

Thought about getting something at half time, but then thought better of it. My lad left on 42 minutes to get something to eat, returned to his seat just before the start of the 2nd half empty handed, having got nowhere NEAR being served.

Its really boring. Its really old hat, But it is a complete and utter S H A M B L E S

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I waited 10 minutes after arriving at 7.10pm in the booth / North End.
Easy 10 reported waiting 45 mins ? I reckon it took me over 30 minutes and that was when the queues weren't at their worst.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
[MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] on the Catering thread is one that springs to mind? And presumably - as a minimum - everyone behind him in that queue. And probably every other person in every other queue at that kiosk at that time. OK, Easy 10 'only' reported a queueing time of 40 minutes, but in what parallel universe it that an acceptable level of customer service?

Yep. Fair enough. Pretty poor. Lets hope its just a one off and things will start to improve tonight.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I wonder why the club hasn't arranged more outdoor bars given how popular the one they have arranged is? Any ideas or it is just being lazy?

Personally I will do anything to delay getting into the concourse as even if you can get a beer in there prior to kick off you are then stuck in a concrete bunker until you finish your drink. One day we will be able to sit in the seat we have paid to sit in, with a drink... imagine the chaos that would cause.

It wouldn't.

It wouldn't cause any chaos.

It would be fine.

theboybilly

I do believe there should be some benches on the concourse if only to help out the older supporters to be able to stop for a breather. I would suggest near the slope going up to the away end behind the kiosks plus a row of porta loos. There is one seat opposite West Lower entrance but it is too far from the station to serve any purpose other than to wait for friends.

Totally agree. My old knees won't take standing around with a pint in my hand for too long (I've actually considered bringing a camping chair but don't know what the stewards would think) It wouldn't cost much to put a few bus-shelter type seats in

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
[MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] on the Catering thread is one that springs to mind? And presumably - as a minimum - everyone behind him in that queue. And probably every other person in every other queue at that kiosk at that time. OK, Easy 10 'only' reported a queueing time of 40 minutes, but in what parallel universe is that an acceptable level of customer service?

Admittedly I probably didn't do myself any favours, as I eventually bailed on the 1st queue at 7pm, being as it literally had not budged for ten minutes (this was the one at the south end of the WSU concourse).

So I went across to the central kiosks in the forlorn hope that the staff there had some idea of what they were doing. Half an hour later I eventually had my beer in hand, so I *nearly* missed the alcohol cut-off point. If that had happened, I'd probably have gone postal.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Outdoor bar was a good choice- first beer no queue- second time bought two as the queue was a bit longer. A couple more staff and they could pre pour more pints and be really quick. [emoji1303]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here