• tonight

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • play off semi

Votes: 149 71.3%

• Total voters

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Loved the silence from the commentators when they scored then they just laughed, not at us but at the unbelieveable situation, having had them on the rack all the game they nicked it, stole it typical Croydon

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
For me it was the 5-0, we knew we had nothing to compete with, Play Off & Tonight (Last Night) we knew we had more!

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
What hurts more, being kicked in the left nut, kicked in the right nut, or kicked in both nuts?

I’ll go both nuts and vote for the semi.

(And try getting a semi after being kicked in both nuts! Ka-boom-tish!)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It could have been a lot worse if we had been at the Amex with their winner being scored in front of the away end, then having to suffer the usual restrictions in getting away from the ground.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I voted last night, purely for the reason that it felt like the ultimate sucker punch in the goolies. I'm still walking like John Wayne this morning.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
[SUB][/SUB]
It could have been a lot worse if we had been at the Amex with their winner being scored in front of the away end, then having to suffer the usual restrictions in getting away from the ground.

Yes, we were spared that at least - never a pleasant experience going to the coach park after a Palace defeat.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
That didn't hurt at all. Jammy scum bags have got away with that sort of shite for years.

Much prefer to lose playing like we did rather than win as they did. Last night is another nail in their coffin.

Play off hurt obviously, but they've wasted those extra seasons at top table, pissing the money against the wall. They threw that away, the mugs. They could have pulled away from.us rather than it being the other way round. They are in a steep decline

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
That didn't hurt at all. Jammy scum bags have got away with that sort of shite for years.

Much prefer to lose playing like we did rather than win as they did. Last night is another nail in their coffin.

Play off hurt obviously, but they've wasted those extra seasons at top table, pissing the money against the wall. They threw that away, the mugs. They could have pulled away from.us rather than it being the other way round. They are in a steep decline

Spot on. Last nights defeat hurt at the time but I’m already over it as it was a complete freak result based on the balance of play. I’d be a lot more concerned about the state of our club if we’d played as badly as palace did.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The 'Tonight' vote will have been affected by the fact that the pain is still fresh. I doubt I was the only one to lie awake thinking about it for two hours in the middle of last night.

The 5-0 at Selhurst was bad, but we were in a state of transition then, with a new manager just appointed, and most of us accepted that our little old club from Withdean had been over-promoted.

The semi-final defeat was painful but again, so soon after the move to the Amex, we were still consolidating. Promotion would have come too early.

So last night it is for me. If we'd won last night our precious achievements would have been all-but-safe. As it is, they are still on the line.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The 0 - 4 1983 replay thrashing was worse, if only because it so nearly didn't have to take place at all.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Anyone who didn't go to the 5-0 doesn't realise how lucky they are. Anyone who know me will know I'm pretty mild mannered but you should have seen me when the copper at Norwood Junction told me to get on a train to Brighton after three hours of kettling (when I needed to get to Nottingham).

barmyarmy

Banned
Feb 6, 2021
Much prefer to lose playing like we did rather than win as they did.

And maybe this is the problem. Would you though if we took three points because I certainly wouldn’t rather lose but have more possession and shots. Rose tinted glasses need to be taken off from some of our fans. Points means prizes and until we can score goals and win games I’m not buying this gentle tippy tappy around type of play it’s pointless.

D

Deleted member 2719

I could not bring myself to post last night, as I really can not remember being so gutted for the team, I felt their pain and the changing room atmosphere. It was horrendous, they worked so hard for it. With a fluky nutmeg and a Benteke goal, you just know the gods were not with us.

Trying to avoid palace fans at the moment is the only plus of lockdown covid. With any luck the time we start moving about again, we might be in a position to not worry about it.:)

Let's sink West Brom and fat Sam first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here