Votes: 35 16.7%
  • play off semi

Votes: 149 71.3%

• Total voters

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Tonight was just comical. Hard to be angry at how comical the stats are over the two games. It's absolutely insane. I was more pissed off before they got the winner! Just laughed when benteke of all people buried it. Surely those stats over the two games have broken some records

The fact that Benteke scored it did give it a bit of a comical vibe didnt it... in 20 years everyone will be laughing at it. Not so much tonight.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Go on then.

I'll say they are comparable ... but i'll sort it out in the morning.

I'll be honest, I already had it in mind after tonight's stats were being talked about. Seeing as I've rather done you up on that one I'll stick in £25 myself as it's only fair.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The 0-5 hurt the most because after being allowed to leave early by the stewards, a WPC in full riot gear hit me with her riot shield the other side of the door thinking I'd forced it.

After the stewards explained they had let me out she apologised and I made my way home.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Tonight was frustrating and a freak result. The '5-0 and you can't go home' was just very bad all round.

But the Playoff Semi 2nd leg was much, much worse with the implications of what was at stake.

We'd finished above them in the league, held them in the 1st leg and there was an expectation.

We had the chances to get through to Wembley with efforts hitting the bar and cleared off the line.

But Zaha scored both, they won at Wembley, got promoted and put both our dreams and Premier League riches on hold for a few more seasons.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Tonight was just comical. Hard to be angry at how comical the stats are over the two games. It's absolutely insane. I was more pissed off before they got the winner! Just laughed when benteke of all people buried it. Surely those stats over the two games have broken some records

It is sickening but fecking hilarious it had to be him as well who scored a sweet volley like that.

I’m more amazed that Roy had the tenacity to go on camera and what a great performance it was.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It is sickening but fecking hilarious it had to be him as well who scored a sweet volley like that.

I’m more amazed that Roy had the tenacity to go on camera and what a great performance it was.

Didn't know Roy said that. Christ, if he's delighted with that performance god knows what it must be like to watch them normally

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Man up, FFS.

Cry baby thread. We lost. Pull your knickers up and make me a cup of tea :shrug:

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC

He also said "they're as good as us". :sick:

I wanted to throw my TV out the window.

It feels so surreal to play the football we played, put up the stats we did across two games, f%cking lose, and then have the opposition manager humbly admit that we are "as good" as them...

Regardless of the fact they are our rivals I couldn't watch that BS week in week out. Palace fans will be happy with the result. But they are flukey f%ckers who play terrible football, and they know it.

(In before the smart arse who is going to talk to me about points - I get it, the points show that they are currently the better team).

Rant over. On to the next game.

Frank Provocation

Dec 11, 2013
Although this game has been rightfully dubbed by some Palace fans 'The Miracle at the Amex' you have to admit, both goals Palace scored were unbelievably class! I'd say Heavenly!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The play offs.

Not just based on expectation but on what it meant. If I remember correctly they were in a bit of financial trouble, or would have been if they didn't get promoted, so not only did we have the opportunity to beat them in one of if not the biggest games between the clubs but we had the chance to really leave them as down and outs. Instead Poyet bottled it, Zaha scored twice, Poyet went into melt down and poo gate dragged our name through the literal shit.

The 5-0 was awful but it we had lost something like the previous 9 games before it so I'm not sure we were expecting much out of the game. Not 5-0, Andy ****ing Johnson and that stupid call and response after every goal admittedly but defeat was a very real option.

This one is laughable. Frustrating for sure but lets not forget that they set up like they were facing prime time Messi, Iniesta, Xavi era Barcelona.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Tonight, only because it is now. Ask me on Saturday and I would have put the Semi.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Good question. Not sure. Maybe tonight’s different as we weren’t there. I’d like to think I’d have stayed to clap the team off, but I think I’d have been part of the fire drill on the goal. All nightmare games.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Even we were poor that night, the semi still pips it only because it was such a huge game and then had to long trip home

But last night was a different pain, being completely robbed by a team never in the game. So angry after that, worse sleep in ages. We need to move on fast, it may be the Scum but its only one game

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Although this game has been rightfully dubbed by some Palace fans 'The Miracle at the Amex' you have to admit, both goals Palace scored were unbelievably class! I'd say Heavenly!

Piss of Palace....

You did a number on us, two great finishes yeah.

Just so happy I wasn’t there, the vitriol in the stadium from Albion fans after the final whistle would have been an unpleasant experience.

I think that result would have had the potential for trouble to break out if fans had been there.

#stillpissedoff

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
Last night, Roy Hodgson and his Crystal Palace team showed the World how football should be played! It was a priviledged and an education to have watched it.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Got that, thought I went to bed with a 9 out of 10 woke up next to a 3 feeling this morning [emoji107]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here