Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Channel 4 documentary they're making about the Albion?

D

Deleted User X18H

Had a few chats with Mr Stobart in October time. Not really that intersted now.

My lad was folllowed and interviewed after the first 3 games. It then all went quiet until we bumped into the bloke at Lancing for the reserves.

Asked him why he had not been in touch and he was a little sheepish. Either it's not happening or they choose not to include my lad. Not bothered either way.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It would make sense to broadcast when it looks like we'll get promoted. Right now it doesn't have much news value.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think Darren Balkham mentioned being followed around by a tv crew for the day on the Albion Roar last week, I wonder if that was for the same show?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
June 2012 i saw on here...

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I chatted to the fella several times on the phone last autumn but never heard back.

bnfrnkln

all the lads...
Nov 2, 2009
the ministry of flair
I'm in the old TV game, although admittedly nothing to do with C4. i remember reading a while back that they'd changed the format of First Cut to an hour rather than half hour and that there was a new commissioner in charge. either one of these could have caused the delay/cancellation of the project. i wouldn't take it personally if they interviewed you and haven't been in touch since, it happens a lot until the show is signed off completely and they know for sure which contributors made it and which didn't.
i for one hope its still going ahead, its very rare to get documentaries about football on the 'main' channels as its still considered a very niche area.

B

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This is on next Monday (24th) at 10:05pm on More 4. El Abd stars.

Ooh interesting. Adams surely our longest serving player now so that makes sense.

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4576501 said:
I remember hearing about this last summer, just wondering if anyone knows when it might be hitting our screens? Anyone from here been interviewed?

From the More4 website: "this First Cut film follows the team as they prepare to play one of the most important matches in their career: the game which decides their dream of moving up into the Premiership."

Exsqueeze me?? These people will say anything to flog their wares... this is just lying, surely?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Its on Channel 4 and More 4 in next ten days or so >> http://www.channel4.com/programmes/birds-balls-and-brighton

Here's the full blurb

Birds, Balls and Brighton provides a rare glimpse behind the scenes of a professional football club.

With exclusive and intimate access to Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club throughout the season, this First Cut film follows the team as they prepare to play one of the most important matches in their career: the game which decides their dream of moving up into the Premiership.

The club has come through serious financial difficulties in recent years, but having won their way into the Championship, they are now able to start this season in a brand new state-of-the-art stadium.

Those who live and breathe the club, including the coach, fans, cheerleaders, and even the people who clean the boots, share their experiences and capture the excitement, the personalities and the hard graft of professional football.

Shot in the run up to their pivotal match, and with rarely seen footage of the characters who keep the show running on and off the pitch, can the club achieve their goal of moving up into the Premiership?

First Cut is the critically acclaimed, eclectic documentary strand that showcases distinctive new films by up-and-coming directors.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here