Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That Banner Today

Peterrhodes

Aug 18, 2009
London
Being as it would appear the majority of fans agree with the sentiments of the banner, you are describing the majority of fans as idiots etc. I personally feel like an idiot for paying £50 a month, travelling a 3 HR round trip each game, paying over the odds for a season parking ticket etc to see what's currently on offer. Been a season ticket holder for years but feel that the lack of reaction by the board is treating us all like mugs.

What business with 90% of customers of the opinion that the leadership is awful and product rubbish a) fail to act and b) survive?

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Being as it would appear the majority of fans agree with the sentiments of the banner, you are describing the majority of fans as idiots etc. I personally feel like an idiot for paying £50 a month, travelling a 3 HR round trip each game, paying over the odds for a season parking ticket etc to see what's currently on offer. Been a season ticket holder for years but feel that the lack of reaction by the board is treating us all like mugs.

What business with 90% of customers of the opinion that the leadership is awful and product rubbish a) fail to act and b) survive?
100% this, we have been totally mugged off, how else are we to show our anger? If the board finally wake up and make some changes based on the fans anger then good or otherwise we sit politely waiting to get relegated

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
But why wait until the end. They had clearly spent time making the banner pre game so have made their minds up. Had we won would it have stayed in their rucksack? Just seems a pretty poor protest.

Peterrhodes

Aug 18, 2009
London
Personally not been for a few weeks to avoid my booing, shouting Hyppia out and being accused of not being a real supporter. Sadly brighton fans in their desire to be middle class and lovely wish to sit and take the rubbish we are having shoved at us. We dare not question the board as they purchased the Amex. We apparently can't protest through banners etc.

Is this the same club where fans refused to take the lies and sit back in the archer era? Where we expected answers and fought to save our club? It would appear not.

We are now a collective a compliant fans, apparently happy to do as we are told regardless of the clear direction the club has now taken.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Did it say Hyppia out or team out?
Hyypia out. I can understand why it was made, but today wasn't the day for it. The lads worked really hard, they looked gutted at the end.

It's been a shit season, Hyypia should have had the bullet before now, but for whatever reason the club is sticking with him and it looked today like the players were giving their all for him.

I guess we're all paying customers though and if folk want to make a banner it's up to them. :shrug:

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Personally not been for a few weeks to avoid my booing, shouting Hyppia out and being accused of not being a real supporter. Sadly brighton fans in their desire to be middle class and lovely wish to sit and take the rubbish we are having shoved at us. We dare not question the board as they purchased the Amex. We apparently can't protest through banners etc.

Is this the same club where fans refused to take the lies and sit back in the archer era? Where we expected answers and fought to save our club? It would appear not.

We are now a collective a compliant fans, apparently happy to do as we are told regardless of the clear direction the club has now taken.

This.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I wonder what they would have done with their banner if we had won 4-0.
Whilst I dont disagree that that the board should get rid of Sami, and should have done two weeks ago, I just dont understand the mind-set to waste time and or money on a banner, and almost hoping that we conceded an equeliser, to justify showing the banner.
Must have made all their effort worthwhile.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

You might be surprised. There was very little "compliance" at the Millwall game

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

What complete bulllshit. Today's effort (were you there?) should have earned reward. It wasn't perfect but it was better and it showed commitment. The fact that this lot were delighted that Wolves scored against their OWN team (who were down to ten men) just so they could just about justify waving their pathetic little banner is f*****g tragic.

If you can't see the cavernous difference between now and then perhaps you ought to get your crayons out.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Anybody who compares the current situation with Archer and Bellotti's tenure is in cloud cuckoo land.
Okay we are crap at the moment, IMHO that is down to the managers tactical incompetance, but to compare it to the Goldstone senario is plain stupid

Last edited:

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
Anybody who compares the current situation with Archer and Bellotti's tenure is in cloud cuckoo land.
Okay we are crap at the moment, IMHO that is down to the managers tactical incompetance, but to compare it to the Goldstoe senario is plain stupid

COme on you stripey wonders. What's a Goldstoe senario btw?

Peterrhodes

Aug 18, 2009
London
Okay we are crap at the moment, IMHO that is down to the managers tactical incompetance, but to compare it to the Goldstone senario is plain stupid

Please go back and actually read my comment! I in no way compared the current situation with the archer era. What I do is point out that for a group of fans so able to respond vocally in the past that our unquestioning compliance surprises me.

Misrepresenting others comments to support your own argument belittles your own opinion and gives it less credibility

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here