Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thanks

ILOVEBHA

Jul 27, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
I would just like to thank all the so called Albion supporters who have managed to get rid of one of the clubs most promising players.

Wayne Henderson during his time at the club managed to become a full international which is more than any other club member has done or is likelly to do in their careers.

Secondlly he was passionate about the Albion but after being slated at every home and away match and playing to choruses of Michelle Kuipers songs he was bound to become frustrated.

I like Kuipers but i believe as have all Albion managers in the past few years that he is just not good enough.

Lastlly we should all be ashamed at the treatment given to one of our own players and a player who had a bright future and was snapped up by a top championship side.

Finally the treatment given to long serving albion players(Carpenter and Mayo) this season has been difficult to watch too.Why cant we support our team for a change and appreciate what people have done for the club over the years.

1066gull

:clap: :clap:

I am embarrassed at the way some supporters treated him. I was a Hendo fan, but also liked Kuipers or had no problem with either.

Maybe we shall jeer Kuipers now? In fact, I may just do that.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Adriodinho said:
:clap: :clap:

I am embarrassed at the way some supporters treated him. I was a Hendo fan, but also liked Kuipers or had no problem with either.

Maybe we shall jeer Kuipers now? In fact, I may just do that.

You are a complete twattwattwattwat

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
ILOVEBHA said:
I would just like to thank all the so called Albion supporters who have managed to get rid of one of the clubs most promising players.

Lastlly we should all be ashamed at the treatment given to one of our own players and a player who had a bright future and was snapped up by a top championship side.

Finally the treatment given to long serving albion players(Carpenter and Mayo) this season has been difficult to watch too.Why cant we support our team for a change and appreciate what people have done for the club over the years.

1) Jesus. He didn't leave beacause of the fans. If he did, he has NO career in professional football.

2)A bit of heckling when a player makes a mistake or series of mistakes is fine IMHO. It crosses the line when the player is roundly abused. Happens everywhere though...

3)It'd be nice wouldn't it?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
ILOVEBHA said:

Wayne Henderson during his time at the club managed to become a full international which is more than any other club member has done or is likelly to do in their careers.

Secondlly he was passionate about the Albion but after being slated at every home and away match and playing to choruses of Michelle Kuipers songs he was bound to become frustrated.

I like Kuipers but i believe as have all Albion managers in the past few years that he is just not good enough.

oh well

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Who should "we" get rid of next? :shootself :dunce: :shootself :dunce:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Re: Re: Thanks

Garry Nelson's Left Foot said:
1) Jesus. He didn't leave beacause of the fans. If he did, he has NO career in professional football.

2)A bit of heckling when a player makes a mistake or series of mistakes is fine IMHO. It crosses the line when the player is roundly abused. Happens everywhere though...

it wasn't really a bit of heckling though was it - abuse towards players is fine, but when a large section of the crowd is calling you a wanker, booing you off and singing songs about the man you have ousted due to the fact you are arguably yhr better keeper, then I'd say that is crossing the line - and I imagine it rarely happens that a player gets that much abuse

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
If Henderson wanted to leave because of the fans the he would have handed a transfer request in at the beggining of the season, not wait untill he gets dropped and then wants to leave.

All these hendo fans who are blaming the supporters seem to have forgotten that earlier in the season he handed in a transfer request wfter he got dropped!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Thanks

Scotty Mac said:
it wasn't really a bit of heckling though was it - abuse towards players is fine, but when a large section of the crowd is calling you a wanker, booing you off and singing songs about the man you have ousted due to the fact you are arguably yhr better keeper, then I'd say that is crossing the line - and I imagine it rarely happens that a player gets that much abuse

I have to say at Withdean I have heard no chants along these lines, but then in F Block you do not hear chants, just the unfunny bloke half way up the stand.

The only chants that really stood out, giving Henderson stick were away to Bournemouth, when his actions had cost us the game. Yes he slipped, but he could have picked the ball up as it was not a back pass, but he tried to take a touch to waste time and end up slipping. I would say the dodgy keeper chants aimed at him were heat of the moment by most.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here