Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thanks Barnsley, I've got tickets to AMEX.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Assuming that 75% of people who get a ticket in the South Stand have never been to a game and subsequently won't know what to sing and won't generate an atmosphere.

Maybe I'm wrong but that just seems a bit presumptuous that it will just be plastic JCLs. Hope I'm wrong anyway.

If you're going to be a plastic, a Sunday match against Barnsley in November is as good a place to start...

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
If you're going to be a plastic, a Sunday match against Barnsley in November is as good a place to start...

Barnsley at home is clearly our GLAMOUR tie this season. All the plastics are scrambling for tickets for this one.

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
:thumbsup:
:flamebounThanks to Barnsley not taking up their full allocation of tickets I've managed to get two in the South Stand for the game. After months of waiting I'M ON MY WAY TO AMEX, ON MY WAY TO AMEX, LA LA LA LA, LA LA LA LA:flameboun

Same here:thumbsup: Got two tickets in the middle somewhere... sort of.. South Central:guns:

ForeverAGull

Jul 14, 2010
East Sussex
Given that they just have to sing the same thing back but replace the relevant stand with "South Stand" suggests you might be presuming they're all stupid?

nooooooo i ment when it comes to singing songs other than that and albionnnnn, which happens like 6 times every game in all the stands but the north

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
First match v Aston Villa, old 3rd Div in the early 70's.
Season ticket holder from early 70's to 1980 when work comitments stopped my hobby.
Went to most away games in this time on the 'Seagull Special' train pulled by diesel engine. It also bought the team back after the game.
Work comitments now mean that I could still only get to only a handfull of games a year so declined a 1901 club ticket but wish now I'd purchased one.
So North, East & West Stands, when singing the "We are the xxxxx stand" song leave a gap for me as I'll be on my feet giving it my all.
PS never sat at a ground before except Wembley '83 and Newcastle '79.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Fair play to them, at least they didn't pretend that they could sell their allocation and thus prevent people who want to go from getting in. I can understand Hull thanks to the Uni fiasco but not some of our other visitors.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
First match v Aston Villa, old 3rd Div in the early 70's.
Season ticket holder from early 70's to 1980 when work comitments stopped my hobby.
Went to most away games in this time on the 'Seagull Special' train pulled by diesel engine. It also bought the team back after the game.
Work comitments now mean that I could still only get to only a handfull of games a year so declined a 1901 club ticket but wish now I'd purchased one.
So North, East & West Stands, when singing the "We are the xxxxx stand" song leave a gap for me as I'll be on my feet giving it my all.
PS never sat at a ground before except Wembley '83 and Newcastle '79.

Enjoy :albion2:

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne

I really don't get this "plastic" or "JCL" used in derogatory terms, if you've been a season ticket holder for many years it does'nt make you more of a Brighton fan than somebody who has just got their first ST or indeed a fan who can only manage a few games a season( this maybe due to cost or work commitments). For the record I've been a fan and St holder for many years, been to Wembley with Brighton 3 times, Millenium once and was at Newcastle on 4th May 1979, that said I am no more of an ardent fan than any other Albion supporter.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I really don't get this "plastic" or "JCL" used in derogatory terms, if you've been a season ticket holder for many years it does'nt make you more of a Brighton fan than somebody who has just got their first ST or indeed a fan who can only manage a few games a season( this maybe due to cost or work commitments). For the record I've been a fan and St holder for many years, been to Wembley with Brighton 3 times, Millenium once and was at Newcastle on 4th May 1979, that said I am no more of an ardent fan than any other Albion supporter.

It's bad enough that Palace are labelling many of our fans plastic jcl etc but some of our own fans. I just don't get that attitude. Some people clearly would prefer that we stayed a minor club at a crappy stadium like Withdean.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
It's bad enough that Palace are labelling many of our fans plastic jcl etc but some of our own fans. I just don't get that attitude. Some people clearly would prefer that we stayed a minor club at a crappy stadium like Withdean.

Spot on! If your'e a Brighton fan your'e a Brighton fan that's all that should really matter

Casper

Sep 22, 2011
Brighton
I'm a STH in the East stand and as it has been so difficult to get tickets for family and friends as every home game is sold out (always lots of empty seats tho) when they announced there were 1000 for sale in the south I decided to swap my seats and buy a group of 6 so we could all sit together. Hope they will do it again the more home fans the better !!
I'm sure the south stand will make noise I mean you can't help but join in at the Amex :) Up the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here