Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thank you.....

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think that's probably the best thing John's ever written. From those dark, dark days and the early BISA meetings, the loss of the Goldstone, Hereford, exile, the seemingly interminable struggle to get the new ground, the worries over money ..... and now the Amex! It really doesn't seem possible. I'm going to all three 'first' games (I'll let others argue the toss over which is the 'real' one) as I want to savour every moment of this new dawn.

Well done everybody who did even the smallest thing in the wars against Archer and the stadium opponents. I love you all. (Off to read the 'Half time at Hereford' thread now.)

Totally echo this... and Abide With Me will see tears!

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
...so much is owed, by so many, to so few

Sincere gratitude to all who fought on the front line to save the Albion from my self, my children, my children's children and all future generations.

We should have a day special day set aside each year to remember ... maybe we could call it Dick's Day!

in the spirit of the humour of NSC... pray tell, what kind of badge would we all wear to celebrate 'Dick's Day?'

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Paul Samrah
Ed Bassford
John Baine
Tim Carder
Derek Chapman
Dick Knight
Bill Swallow
Liam Brady
John Prescott
Stuart Storer
Des Lynam
Adrian Newnham
Paul Camillin
Liz Costa
David Davies
Norman Cook
Steve Gritt
Hazel Blears
Robbie Reinelt
Paul Whelch
Martin Perry
Tony Bloom

and (as I have obviously missed loads of other key players in the drama of the past 14 years) EVERYONE else who has made today possible!

Totally agree :bowdown::bowdown:

and to all the fans who wrote letters, sent cards, went on the marches. Today is due reward.

Brightons-final-game-at-t-003.jpg

ttiao2.jpg

NoFootballSmallYes.jpg

FalmerRally2006.jpg

count_06.jpg

FalmerForAll.gif

rovers-salute-reduced.jpg

1310728266_large.jpg

Brighton.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can I add Jack Straw to that list for his much appreciated Friday updates during the building of Falmer (apologies if he's already mentioned by his real name!)

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Thanks to EVERYONE. We did it together.

Although it may be true that everyone played a part and did what they could some people went well beyond the call of duty and SHOULD be singled out for a special mention.

Time and expertise was given freely and the lobbying was well-directed to cause the greatest impact. Not everyone was in a position to do that.

Thank you. Words cannot express how proud I am. As you know I won't be there today or next week. It doesn't matter. The mere fact that there's somewhere I CAN go at some point in the future was what the fight was about. If I have kids there's a football team for them to support and somewhere to take them on a Saturday afternoon, just like you took me. We won.

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
Hear, hear. So difficult to sum up my emotions today - tears of joy for the end of the long wait, tears of sadness for those who haven't survived the many years of the fight, excitement at being part of the occasion. And it's still only 11 a.m. 'Thanks' just doesn't seem to cut the mustard for all the hard work that these guys and so many others have put in. When I sit in my seat for the first time today it will probably all well up again I expect. How can the simple game of football generate such emotion? Thank you and thank you .....

Although it may be true that everyone played a part and did what they could some people went well beyond the call of duty and SHOULD be singled out for a special mention.

Time and expertise was given freely and the lobbying was well-directed to cause the greatest impact. Not everyone was in a position to do that.

Thank you. Words cannot express how proud I am. As you know I won't be there today or next week. It doesn't matter. The mere fact that there's somewhere I CAN go at some point in the future was what the fight was about. If I have kids there's a football team for them to support and somewhere to take them on a Saturday afternoon, just like you took me. We won.
Thanks, Dan.

xxx

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Life will never be the same from today. Our new home with grateful thanks to all who have made this possible. Special thoughts for those who did not make it this far including my Dad and Dad in Law and best wishes to those who are ill and cannot make it to Falmer today.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I promised myself today that I wouldn't, but this thread has started me off....

:cry: (but in a happy way)

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location

Fantastic post

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
'Fans United will never be defeated' would be a good chant today.

Another-well just for practice sake could be....

Selhurst park is falling down,falling down,falling down,Selhurst park is falling down,poor old Palace.

Come down to Brighton town,Brighton town,Brighton town,then you'll see a proper ground,poor old Palace.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Paul Samrah
Ed Bassford
John Baine
Tim Carder
Derek Chapman
Dick Knight
Bill Swallow
Liam Brady
John Prescott
Stuart Storer
Des Lynam
Adrian Newnham
Paul Camillin
Liz Costa
David Davies
Norman Cook
Steve Gritt
Hazel Blears
Robbie Reinelt
Paul Whelch
Martin Perry
Tony Bloom

and (as I have obviously missed loads of other key players in the drama of the past 14 years) EVERYONE else who has made today possible!

Excellent post. Well said Sir! Finally, the thoroughly deserved end to an incredible journey, piloted by those listed here and many more.

Wish I was there, but I will be thinking about you all and especially those who, unfortunately, are no longer around.

Have a great day everyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here