[Albion] Thank you Graham Potter, just simply thank you.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Thank you Mr. Potter. You have made this a fantastic team to watch.

Now I hope you fail miserably at that poxy club. Anyone who hopes he succeeds at said poxy club is telling fibs. If they lose at the weekend, every Albion fan will be happy.

I realise he was destined to leave but early September? The pounds have won again.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
The question will be when Chelsea bought Cucurella and Potter, did they buy a player and a coach or did they buy the philosophy ?

I suspect it will take a couple of years to find out which they went for ???

Conspiracy theory - Cucurella was obviously worth double what he was sold for. I think this has obviously been in the planning for several months …:rolleyes:

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
Somewhat irrational but overwhelming feeling is that I hope he moves out of Brighton & Hove.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Gpot has been great and its been a great ride, I've never been prouder in 40 years + of sticking with it through thick and thin

Important to remember we are where we are not just because of the Manager, its the whole BHA operation. From scouting to the CEO to our fan owner

We are the envy of many clubs and will attract another decent manager.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Thank you Mr Potter, you're a genius.

I'm very sad right now! This must have been what it felt like for the girls at my school when Take That split up and I royally took the piss out of them! This is obviously karma!

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Worth noting that by the standards of the modern game, his tenure hasn't been a "brief time". Isn't he like the 6th-longest serving manager in the division right now (at least, until the Chelsea move is confirmed)?

The timing sucks, but if it wasn't happening now, I suspect it'd be happening pretty soon anyway. I really wanted to see how this season was going to go under Potter. But if it went as well as I was hoping it would, he'd have been off at the end of the season anyway (or maybe even after the World Cup).

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
To quote Potter “it’s football”…ta ta …who’d have thought post match Sunday with that last raising of the arm to the North Stand it would be over ..gutted

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The question will be when Chelsea bought Cucurella and Potter, did they buy a player and a coach or did they buy the philosophy ?

I suspect it will take a couple of years to find out which they went for ???

Or a couple of months if they lose a few in a row.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think he's right. And if it was only money then Tony could just get the cheque book out. GP wants to test himself at the highest level. He's always talked about facing challenges and now has the opportunity to challenge himself even more.

Exactly. Ambition is a more powerful motivator in this case.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I think he's right. And if it was only money then Tony could just get the cheque book out. GP wants to test himself at the highest level. He's always talked about facing challenges and now has the opportunity to challenge himself even more.

Graham, thank you for coming to this here Chelsea interview. But we can only offer you the same money you are on at Brighton.

Oh no problem, I am here for the ambition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports