Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thai train

Is it worth booking in advance? I land in bangkok late march and plan to go up to chang mai after a few days.

You don't need to book anything in advance. There are 3 shops on Thai, tourist roads. 7 Elevens, fake clothes shops and travel shops where you can buy tickets to any part of the country via coach, train or plane. Its probably best buying from the shops in Thailand really as you will be provided with a paper ticket and some old geezer who guides you and other bewildered tourists round backstreets of stray cats to your desired mode of transport.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
I booked with Thailandtrainticket.com very easy

Little bit of advice mate. Learn how to say no! Believe me it's a lovely , You say it when you have beggers or Taxis or people in your face trying to sell or asking for rides or stay here etc.

When you're approached by the above then say - 'Meow Meow' with the shake of the head and wave them away at the same time. Just think off a cat when they Meow Meow, try it and watch them move on to the next person as they think you talk Thai.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Wouldn't learning to say 'yes' be quite useful, too.

Hello/thanks and Bye is easy, Every farang knows that and that's all you hear from Farangs but you never hear them say No as you see Farangs getting all flustered and irritated because Thais don't take no for an answer unless you say ' Meow Meow'!

geodavies

Jan 8, 2012
Saltdean
You don't need to book anything in advance. There are 3 shops on Thai, tourist roads. 7 Elevens, fake clothes shops and travel shops where you can buy tickets to any part of the country via coach, train or plane. Its probably best buying from the shops in Thailand really as you will be provided with a paper ticket and some old geezer who guides you and other bewildered tourists round backstreets of stray cats to your desired mode of transport.

Sounds enchanting

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I got the overnight sleeper from a town called Ratchaburi 2 hours North of Bangkok down to Chumphon and was brilliant. In my opinion much better than flying, fairly comfortable, great laugh and some stunning views.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Just booked a ticket for an overnight train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai online ...that was interesting. ......anyone been on ?

If you're not in a hurry it's an experience....it's so so slow. I used the train several times travelling in Thailand... Until I discovered that flying is (or was then) comparatively cheap and a hundred times quicker. Shame it's overnight miss the scenery...that said away from the coast the country is pretty repetative. But it's a fun place to live or to visit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here