Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Text size

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is there a way I can slightly increase text size and depth of shading between posts
I'm OK with the size of the font, but the depth of shading - yes please! Likewise with the very pale blue text and the very, very pale blue text - black on white I'm fine with, but nearly invisible pale blue on white, not so much.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is there a way I can slightly increase text size and depth of shading between posts
You're going to have to be a bit more specific.

At the very least are you using the light theme or the dark theme, and mobile or desktop?

(My eyes are shocking, frankly, and I do fine with the light layout as it is. However, if I'm having a "bad eyes day" I hit command+ on my Mac which ups the size on everything. I imagine there's a similar keystroke in PC-land)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm OK with the size of the font, but the depth of shading - yes please! Likewise with the very pale blue text and the very, very pale blue text - black on white I'm fine with, but nearly invisible pale blue on white, not so much.
Depth of shading where?

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
(My eyes are shocking, frankly, and I do fine with the light layout as it is. However, if I'm having a "bad eyes day" I hit command+ on my Mac which ups the size on everything. I imagine there's a similar keystroke in PC-land)
Yes, it's Ctrl += didn't know before just tried it and text much bigger now! Ta

FindonFan

Jul 15, 2014
You're going to have to be a bit more specific.

At the very least are you using the light theme or the dark theme, and mobile or desktop?

My default device is my iPad. Text size has not been an issue before the recent changes you introduced, and the shading between posts seems quite indistinct. Any advice very much appreciated.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My default device is my iPad. Text size has not been an issue before the recent changes you introduced, and the shading between posts seems quite indistinct. Any advice very much appreciated.
I’ve just experimented on my IPad. At the top where the website is displayed there is a small a and a big A. I pressed the large A which made the text size larger.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can someone please take a screenshot of this "shading between posts" issue and annotate with arrows or something so I can see what you mean, as I really don't understand.

FindonFan

Jul 15, 2014
I’ve just experimented on my IPad. At the top where the website is displayed there is a small a and a big A. I pressed the large A which made the text size larger.
Thanks TB. I’ve searched everywhere but can’t find the aA that you mentioned. Perhaps my iPad is an earlier model than yours, but I would have thought that if you can see the option I should also be able to locate it. I’ll keep looking ......

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thanks TB. I’ve searched everywhere but can’t find the aA that you mentioned. Perhaps my iPad is an earlier model than yours, but I would have thought that if you can see the option I should also be able to locate it. I’ll keep looking ......
Where it says northstandchat.com with a padlock. It is to the left of that. On the right is the refresh symbol.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can someone please take a screenshot of this "shading between posts" issue and annotate with arrows or something so I can see what you mean, as I really don't understand.
Can't do a screen shot, but it's the horizontal line between posts, and since it is part of a grid, the vertical lones down each side of the posts. Basically the frame! Also darker shading underneath the quotes would be welcome, to make it more obvious where the quote ends and the response starts.

Both the frame and the shading behind the quotes are currently very, very, very pale blue, and hardly distinguishable from the white of the rest of the page.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It isn't pale blue on my screen - more like a pale khaki

1667242823550.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here