Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Test Series- England in India- January & February 2024

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Wood outscored them both in the 2nd innings last test. Could do a job? ;) ;)
Root took more wickets than Wood, in 3 of the 4 innings Wood has played :shrug:
To be fair to Wood, his opening spell on the first morning of the last match is pretty much exactly what he's picked for and could (particularly if England had done better with their reviews that morning) have put them in a match winning position.
Much as I love him, I don't think we should bat him at 4 though. :lolol:
I do think Root should bat at 5 given how much bowling he's getting through.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Do you think you should have been selected for the third test? 😉
Oh, me. I thought you meant Robbo.

Well, I'm available. Can't bowl anymore, rubbish with the bat. I would have fitted in a few years back.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Another typical morning session. Win the toss, bat, go in for lunch at 112-5. Pitch is below test standard but maybe not that much (Stokes may disagree). Pundits suggesting 200 would be a good score on it.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Another typical morning session. Win the toss, bat, go in for lunch at 112-5. Pitch is below test standard but maybe not that much (Stokes may disagree). Pundits suggesting 200 would be a good score on it.
For England. And then a couple of the Indian batters go and get double tons on the same track 🤣🤣

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think we made a grave mistake when we won the first Test then crowed about it. We just woke them up and pussed them off by doing that.
We should have come to India, ground out three boring draws then threw Bazballx3 at them in the last Test, win it then scarper for the plane.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Foakes and Root going well since lunch, hang in there boys. Stay there!
They are – whisper it quietly now – playing Test Match cricket. After another morning's Bazball carnage, it's even more of a surprise.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
198/5 tea.

Said it before say it again. India is cricket mad apparently. The ground again is nearly empty.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Foakes out for 47, England 225-6.

That’s entirely my fault, I only just started watching (1 ball before the wicket). I think that’s my cue to get back to work

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
225-6, England's biggest partnership of the series ends on 113

Foakes batted well for 47, but this feels like a very fragile position for England.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Will Stokes declare before the close giving India 5 overs to face?

There's an argument for it if we lose another wicket in the next 3/4 overs and Root can get to 100. Anderson and Robinson get two goes with the new ball.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Will Stokes declare before the close giving India 5 overs to face?

There's an argument for it if we lose another wicket in the next 3/4 overs and Root can get to 100. Anderson and Robinson get two goes with the new ball.
I'd prefer that they batted on for another 15-18 overs tomorrow, and give them two goes with it either side of lunch!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Terrific knock, in the face of a load of people questioning him. :clap2:

Rooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here