Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terror attacks - Fight or flight?

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Would like to believe I would fight or at least divert attention and push them back somehow .

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm sure everyone here including myself would take them down using pure bravery and guts.

I think that's a rather silly, sarcastic comment. Just as people who appear ordinary and workaday can commit acts of extreme cowardice and violence others who appear ordinary and workaday are capable of acts of extreme bravery and sacrifice as has been seen at EVERY single terrorist attack stretching back decades.
Very few people know how they will react until it happens to them but some act heroically.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
In this instance probably not as they had vests, which were presumably used as a deterrent for the public to take them down rather than to instil fear.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Impossible to say what you would do, When it comes down to terrorism you never know who, what, where or when it's going to happen. Your instincts will kick in if your unlucky enough to be involved in an incident but all I can think is whatever you do you should never beat yourself up afterwards thinking you should have done more.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'd like to think I'd fight, but when in that square in Marseille that was rushed by Russians I ran.
However I'd like to think that was due to the size of the mob. If a similar circumstance to Saturday and 3 of them with knives I'd like to think I'd stand my ground

D

Deleted member 2719

I have no idea how I'd react, and hope I never find out.

I have a hunch how you may react. tumblr_nbpd0iZMEK1tgwsqzo1_250.gif

D

Deleted member 2719

Well, I know what I'm about, and I've no idea. Whereas you don't know me from Adam, and frankly I don't really give two shits what your baseless hunch is.

Have a nice evening.

Blimey, Hans it was only a joke.

Sorry if it offended you.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Probably luzz the closest things to hand then be on my bike.. I don't have a wife and kids though so it's unlikely I'd have family to defend.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think anyone with military training would stand and fight unless they were confronted by a large group of terrorists and they were alone. The rest us would probably look to flee unless we were cornered or with a loved one who was unable to run quickly. Hopefully none of us would be so scared as to be rooted to the spot.

I just hope that none of us find ourselves in such a situation and we never need to find out what our reaction would be.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
If not armed with guns then hopefully fight back but do so in a sly opportune way.

If armed then get the f out of d.

If with a bomb then who knows.

Would definitely help others though, without a doubt.

Sometimes right, sometimes wrong but ALWAYS certain

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Being fairly certain I couldn't outrun anyone... I think I would be left with the grab something and hope to be able to hit them with it option, if only to create a distraction for other people to get away.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Just seen the Millwall fan on ITV news who stood his ground against the three in a pub. Both arms heavily bandaged and he'd been stabbed in the side and slashes to his head which had been stitched. Good for him for having a go probably helped others to get away.

Bloomin' hero.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
No one really knows until it's happening to be honest, you would weigh up the situation and who's with you, where you are if you know the place and comfortable with exists and routes for escape (something I check now everywhere I go).

If your with your family and there's a chance of escape you must get them to safety, if not its your gut reaction to save them.

Who knows until it's on you, and I prey it happens to none of us on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here