Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Terrible support, terrible facilities, terrible day.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Terrible trolling from the OP?
Disagree, good thread with plenty of replies about yesterday.

His main point about the standing section is a fair one, surely everyone in that section should have been up for it.
My sons and their friends got told to sit down in the standing section at Spurs because some of our fans at the back wanted to sit.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
And did the others around you join in with your chants yesterday :wink:

At the end of the day it's a shitty place that's awful to get to, the catering is dreadful, the traditional singers from the Amex are spread all over the place and it was a tight nervous match. I'd rather be at the Amex every day of the week but I do get the impression though, it's something we just may have to get used to :albion2:
wembley has always been a bit of a chore to be honest , i think they make it that way on purpose.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Wembley's probably the worst "big event" venue in the whole country. Expensive, in a shitty, inconvenient area, staffed by numpties, laid out appallingly.

I'd much rather we'd have played it at Arsenal's ground and only got 30,000 tickets TBH.
A word of support for the stewards..they let me bring in my bottle top 😉

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I think he’s absolutely right,have you seen the visiting European fans just don’t think we could get to that
I never realised that European tournaments were actually competitions to see who the best fans are 🤷‍♂️

And anyway, we're no better/worse than other fans. Fans support teams differently abroad/here we are no better or worse than most other clubs vocally. As loads have already said on this thread who could hear both fans, it was a very similar atmosphere generated by both united and our fans yesterday.

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Funny to see the few people without flags in middle tier doing The Amex lobotomised seals clap along which so ruins the singing of SBTS... would like to see a video from the flag bearing sections - must be the best ever rendition.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I did getbgenuine vertigona few times and there is literally about 10 inches to the seat in front. Mass pissed up standers up there could be genuinely dangerous. That said we all stood for the penalties and it was alright!
Yes - I was in 531. All seated, but plenty of getting up on our feet at crucial moments. And everyone stood for the penalties - so standing all game would be safe enough.

nsclurker

Apr 3, 2018
Thought it was ok but our songs are just rubbish when sung by more than a few hundred people. Break neck speed and our singing section stop after one round of each song.

We need a drum or better songs.

For balance. I don’t think I’ve ever heard an Albion crowd as loud as the moment before Sabitzer took his penalty. THAT was an atmosphere.
WE. DO. NOT. NEED. A. f***ing. DRUM. EVER.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Pleased that a very large chunk of us stuck around to applaud the team off the pitch. Even as we stood there clapping and singing “SOLLY MA-AAARCH”, we knew we were making the journey home worse with every minute we stayed. It’s the very least they deserved.

Hope they get a heroes welcome when they take to the pitch in Nottingham. I’m sure they will.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Yesterday was the first time I've been back to Wembley since the Euros final against Italy.

Massive feeling of deja vue as we stood in the rain in the train queue.

I hate penalty shoot outs.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I was sat on the centre line so could see and hear the opposite ends. Brighton fans were a lot more visual with their support and a lot more audible until of course the end...hearing 'glory, glory Man United' is painful. Yes there were lulls in support from all fans, but it wasn't a scintilating game in the 90 minutes in all honesty and the ref moved things along quickly to keep VAR and other controversies out of the headlines so little to raise tensions in normal time. BHA fans filled me with pride.

Wembley is well thought out for fan zones and provides a great experience. The big achilles is exiting via Wembley Park station...it's horrendous.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
How do we get the 'singers' to slow down ? I'm not alone in giving up half the time because of the race to get a song finished
You're just gonna get this anyway :moo:

the muppet christmas carol drummer GIF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here