Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terrible scenes at Ipswich

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I always enjoy your posts because they are not lacking in rationale.

As an answer to the Pride question, some people do feel it has lost its way. I was once both praised and lambasted in different quarters for saying that Pride was once a relevant festival of self determination but has in many ways become one of self indulgence.

Well said. Pride has lost its campaigning zeal. I think it needs to be held somewhere else other than Brighton, somewhere that is less accepting. Might help it to shed its complacency, and enable it to make a difference all over again...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
society will be more accepting than people are being led to believe. The organisations and the press are stirring the pot and putting the frighteners up the gay players, I am certain.

This. Very perceptive comments, BoF.

In the build up to last week, when the rainbow laces campaign came to the fore, many of the anti-homophobia groups were talking up the level of homophobia. They felt they had to talk it up so that their issue was seen as a major issue by the media, and worthy of publicity and column inches. So the level of homophobic chanting was talked up, the level of prejudice against gay players by fellow players was talked up, and the myth that Justin Fashanu's coming out directly led to his suicide was again peddled by people who should know better. The problem is that this approach is almost certainly counter-productive to actually encouraging people to be openly gay within football, as fans and as players.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Funny that, because scrolling back through my posts it would appear that is far from the case, and I've only mentioned it in relation to threads associated and relevant.

I would suggest that you have probably shown your disliking for it just as much.

So, I would simply suggest you stop trolling my posts and actually see it as a humorous take on those who get upset over nothing.

Edit: I have started 93 threads on NSC, only 1 of which references my sexuality an not even that was during the original post.....

Christ you're boring.

You're gay, nobody cares. Nobody.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Funny that, because scrolling back through my posts it would appear that is far from the case, and I've only mentioned it in relation to threads associated and relevant.

I would suggest that you have probably shown your disliking for it just as much.

So, I would simply suggest you stop trolling my posts and actually see it as a humorous take on those who get upset over nothing.

Edit: I have started 93 threads on NSC, only 1 of which references my sexuality an not even that was during the original post.....
Well I found it amusing....a pisstake...but amusing...

Jan 30, 2008
funny that, because scrolling back through my posts it would appear that is far from the case, and i've only mentioned it in relation to threads associated and relevant.

So, i would simply suggest you stop trolling my posts and actually see it as a humorous take on those who get upset over nothing.

Edit: I have started 93 threads on nsc, only 1 of which references my sexuality an not even that was during the original post.....
drama queen :wanker:
regards
DR

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
This. Very perceptive comments, BoF.

In the build up to last week, when the rainbow laces campaign came to the fore, many of the anti-homophobia groups were talking up the level of homophobia. They felt they had to talk it up so that their issue was seen as a major issue by the media, and worthy of publicity and column inches. So the level of homophobic chanting was talked up, the level of prejudice against gay players by fellow players was talked up, and the myth that Justin Fashanu's coming out directly led to his suicide was again peddled by people who should know better. The problem is that this approach is almost certainly counter-productive to actually encouraging people to be openly gay within football, as fans and as players.

Totally agreed.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I do feel that the battle has been won in our country, save for mini battles all over the place (the same for anyone who is not a blue eyed blonde)

My g/f's a blue-eyed blonde. She gets called a "dumb blonde" (she has a PhD) and ditzy all the time. Mostly by me, it's true.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I spoke to a chap at Pride this year. He was holding a Malawian flag, so I said "Moni, muli bwanji?" (Chichewan for "Hello. How are you?") - he looked a little puzzled and told me he was Ugandan, but protesting on behalf of Malawian people. I had a very interesting chat about the policies of his country, as I am genuinely interested and more than likely going to spend some time in Uganda teaching.

I spent some time in Uganda in April doing HIV / AIDS charity work. Before we went we were warned that homosexuality is illegal in Uganda and caries very serious penalties. We were also told not to be surprised to see grown men holding hands in public - its a normal sign of friendship in their culture, like our girls walking arm-in-arm here.

I find foreign cultures so interesting when they are so different to ours.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Christ you're boring.

You're gay, nobody cares. Nobody.

Straight or gay, personally, I care not.
But I DO find me, me, me posters tedious - and there are a fair few on this site ....
We had a thread yonks ago about limiting the number of new threads that users could start - 93 in just over 12 months - is this reasonable?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
The only terrible scenes at Ipswich were from the numpties in ALBION SHIRTS on the field and the boss in the dugout

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Well said. Pride has lost its campaigning zeal. I think it needs to be held somewhere else other than Brighton, somewhere that is less accepting. Might help it to shed its complacency, and enable it to make a difference all over again...

Where would you suggest? Belfast? Birmingham? Leeds? Leicester? Cardiff? Swansea? Bangor? Bristol? Manchester? Bournemouth? Margate? Blackpool? Doncaster? Derry? Aberdeen? Glasgow? Edinburgh? Exeter? Liverpool? Hull? Wolverhampton? Lincoln? Newcastle? Stoke? London? Oxford? Cambridge? Nottingham? Plymouth? York? Weston-super-Mare? Which of these is suitably "unaccepting"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here