Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terraces ARE fantastic

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Today reminded everyone why terraces are absolutely brilliant.

The rush when we score, those 30 seconds of complete nonsense where the laws of all things sane go out the window.

You are thrown, pushed & pulled. You surge forward, your momentum taking you into the person in front, who in turn surges forward with you. The next point you are hugging and screaming at the complete stranger next to you.

Total disorientation.

Everyone's random shouts of joy start to join together to form a song, at which point you begin to sort yourself out. Friends you were standing next to are now five rows away.

Complete delirium. It's what football supporting is all about.

Bring back Terraces

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It's even worse watching the home fans celebrate. :angry:

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Terraces are brilliant but finally found out how unfit I am after those two complete mentals today.

Long Live the terrace dandies!!

Gouranga :smokin:

Last edited:

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I agree gives you the space to go f***ing mental when Knight scores a goal fantastic!!!:bounce:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
artois who gives a f*** what u think and keep away from BAG your old enuff to know betta

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
nicely put artois although had more trouble myself - in disabled zone with f***ed leg. jumped up and nearly broke it again when we scored that second one! fantastic stuff.
:clap2: :clap2:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
dwayne said:
artois who gives a f*** what u think and keep away from BAG your old enuff to know betta

thats what I like about you Dwayne, you're so friendly and reasonable

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Artois said:
Today reminded everyone why terraces are absolutely brilliant.

The rush when we score, those 30 seconds of complete nonsense where the laws of all things sane go out the window.

You are thrown, pushed & pulled. You surge forward, your momentum taking you into the person in front, who in turn surges forward with you. The next point you are hugging and screaming at the complete stranger next to you.

Total disorientation.

Everyone's random shouts of joy start to join together to form a song, at which point you begin to sort yourself out. Friends you were standing next to are now five rows away.

Complete delirium. It's what football supporting is all about.

Bring back Terraces

Have to agree. :clap2: :clap2:
Some nice grounds we visited last season but lack atsmosphere.
Enjoy Peterborough and Colchester prpoer old footie grounds like when I was a boy.

spot on, artois.

For most of the most enjoyable games I have been to in recent years, I have been on old-fashioned terraces - Peterborough and Falkirk being the best examples, probably. A full terrace is one of the most delightful things on Earth.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Reading Posh said:
Agree with all of that, but I fekkin hate watching away fans celebrate like that :salute:

I remember Darius Henderson scoring 2 in the last minute up at London Road to give us a very undeserved 2-1 win. On the pitch? I tried... some RFC fans managed to get on the pitch albeit only briefly. Them terraces gave me one of the best experiences in my football-fan career so far. :clap2:

2 complete mentals in the space of a minute. There is a God.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here