Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Tenerife

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Just to clarify, you cannot take a NHS lateral flow test abroad and take the results of that to the airport. It has to be a test done locally. I've just come back from Cyprus and loads of pharmacies are doing them for 10EU, results within 10-15 minutes. I would advise to get a paper copy of the results as well, you need to show the results when you check in and there was a real problem with people trying to show an email with the results on their phone to the check in person. Same with the passenger locator form which is a 3-4 page document and virtually impossible to read on a phone, get it printed.

You cannot take or use NHS lateral flow for return to uk. It has to be an approved .gov private provider and yes it will done locally as it has to be taken within 72 hours of return to uk.

You can chance your arm with finding/using local providers abroad, or you can take private test with you from UK and DIY, which we did.

We then asked hotel if we could send them an email and for them to print attachments (for test cert and UK PLF) which they did, so we had paper copies of everything.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
All good advice, cheers :thumbsup:

Anybody know if the hmgov 'recommendation' of pre-flight PCR tests for coming home from Canaries is actually just that, a recommendation? Can you still turn up at Canaries boarding gate with a pre-flight lateral flow test? Asking for a friend hopefully going to Fuerteventura in 4 weeks. Ta.

I’m off there in 5 weeks time for my 50th Birthday.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Apart from a winter holiday why go to Tenerife, in fact any Canary Island.
I have been there for winter holidays but would never return while the weather is still hot across the Mediterranean.
My opinion of course but there are far better and nicer places to visit.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Can't tell you about current issues but I live there over winter so PM me if you need any info.

Ignore the nonsense about kids and night life etc. Stay away from Americas/Cristianos and the north end of Adeje and you'll be just fine. South Adeje/ La Caleta / Los Gigantes are all great places for 50+

La caleta is bloody amazing for fish restaurants

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
If you're going out of Gatwick, the testing site in the airport is pretty well-run. £25 for an Antigen test or ~£40 for PCR and results sent to your email within 30 mins, you just book a one hour time slot in advance.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just to clarify, you cannot take a NHS lateral flow test abroad and take the results of that to the airport. It has to be a test done locally. I've just come back from Cyprus and loads of pharmacies are doing them for 10EU, results within 10-15 minutes. I would advise to get a paper copy of the results as well, you need to show the results when you check in and there was a real problem with people trying to show an email with the results on their phone to the check in person. Same with the passenger locator form which is a 3-4 page document and virtually impossible to read on a phone, get it printed.

This.

In Ibiza three weeks ago, I got our hotel to print out a few bits, such as our locally done pcr test results.

It was made plain throughout by BA and the UK government rules, that only a third party lab test would suffice.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If you book with TUI and are double jabbed only £20 per person for the testing via Chronomics

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
We are looking at grabbing a week or so away in Tenerife once the school holidays finish but we are a bit concerned about how things are in a resort like Costa Adeje. Has anybody travelled that way recently and can share experiences of what it’s like to do something many of us took for granted until recently. We are both late 50’s and double vaxxed.

Good choice , Costa Adele is the nicest part of Tenerife. It has most of the nicest 5 star hotels and lovely beaches and nice seafront and decent restaurants ( not full of tacky ham, eggs & chips type restaurants ) it has a great shopping centre with many of the leading designer brands .

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
If you're going out of Gatwick, the testing site in the airport is pretty well-run. £25 for an Antigen test or ~£40 for PCR and results sent to your email within 30 mins, you just book a one hour time slot in advance.

Link?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here