Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ten bookings but no sending offs

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Can anyone remeber the night game at Withdean a few years back when I am sure the away team (Blackpool?) received ten bookings but no sending offs? It felt like the ref was trying to spread the cards around so he didn't have to show the red one.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
It was Exeter City.

It was indeed, i was sat next to Norman Cook (name dropping, i know) and the pair of us sat there trying to count up how many bookings there had been.

When i took my seat, my son said thats fat boy slim next to you, I didn't recognise him with his wooly hat on and Zoe had just given birth that week, so i said "nah, he'll be at home changing nappies"

"no i bloody wont" came the reply from Mr Cook! bloody earwigger :lolol:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
If I remember correctly only four players used weren't booked, one was the goalkeeper, one was a player who was stretchered off after 20 minutes and two other outfield players. All three subs were booked.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Silly question, but were they wearing Orange, which is why I thought it was Blackpool. I do recall the "strategic" substitutions being used though.

ps Norman Cook is my brother-in-law's, wife's, step sister's husband. Not that I am name dropping either.

If I remember correctly only four players used weren't booked, one was the goalkeeper, one was a player who was stretchered off after 20 minutes and two other outfield players. All three subs were booked.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
was actually talking about this game with a couple of exeter fans who were there at the weekend

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
It's like building in Monopoly. No lot gets two houses, till each lot has one. No lot gets three houses, till each lot has two, etc.

Simples.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
there was a sending off ... Steve Perryman (exeter director of football) was sent from the bench ... and promptly walked the long way back to the dressing room - past the east goal and in front of the North stamd

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I was working at the Royal Albion, a uni holiday job, when they rolled into town. Being a crap hotel, I was the one that delivered their food and looked after their every whim, despite being a porter.

I was quite tempted to slip a laxative in their food, but I chickened out. I seem to remember that they fielded 13 players in the end. At least two deserved to be sent off. Was it 2-0, final score?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I seem to remember that they fielded 13 players in the end. At least two deserved to be sent off. Was it 2-0, final score?

Wasn't it 14, with three subs? One of them booked was an ex-Albion player IIRC (but can't remember who). It was just before Christmas so it put us in a good holiday mood (It was also the day I met Mrs Gwylan and arranged a date for just after Chrizzo, so it has a particular memory for me).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here