Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Teixiera or Lingard

who would you prefer given the choice on loan

• Total voters

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Definitely Tex. My son finds him annoying, and so do I at times, but he is fantastic to watch when he's on it. And as someone else said, he feels more like a Brighton player than someone who is just passing through (even though that is what he is doing).

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think people are getting very carried away with 1 excellent performance against Ipswich from Tex.

Had this pole been done a week ago I am pretty confident the results would be reversed.

Lingard for me was a much more consisitently high performer than Tex. And a much bigger goal threat

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Quite surprised that Tex has run away with this. I like him, but thought Lingard offered more on a more frequent basis.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I do think that if we can head for mid-table obscurity, we will get the chance to see the best of a player like Tex. When a club is in or around the relegation zone he isn't the sort of player the team needs, but if the pressure of relegation is lifted he could be a revelation.

In our current position I would go for Jesse, as he will provide the ammo for COG or Best, if we can keep heading up the table, then Tex as it will be great to watch.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Didn't rate Lingard at all, ridiculously weak and afraid of tackling.

By this logic I don't rate John Terry because he doesn't score enough overhead kicks. Lingard had a lot of quality.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The effect of recency is completely illustrated in this poll. Lingard had a far better loan spell than Teixiera overall but Teixiera's just had an excellent game.

Football fans being the knee jerk reactionary sorts plump for the guy who's been massively inconsistent and is easily kicked out of games.

If the question was who has the potential to be a better player it would be Teixera, no doubt. However, in the here and now I'd have Lingard.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Where is Lingard now? Is he on loan somewhere, or just turning out for the reserves at Man U?

I thought he was lightweight and ineffective most of the time that he was here - more so than Tex, who has looked brilliant at times.

I'd be amazed if he makes it at Man U, and would expect him to end up at a club like Huddersfield or Wigan. Or Sheffield United.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
By this logic I don't rate John Terry because he doesn't score enough overhead kicks. Lingard had a lot of quality.

Not really the same thing is it. The modern attacking footballer needs certain key skills to be successful, ideally a combination of strength, pace and skill. Lingard didn't have great pace, strength or any particular skill, he's just a decent footballer, Tex lacks pace and strength but has fantastic skill and natural ability. Texieria is similar to Coutinho, glides around the pitch and can create moments of magic that can turn games. Lingard is a typical young British footballer, he can do a decent job but nothing that sets him apart from the rest of the crowd.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Where is Lingard now? Is he on loan somewhere, or just turning out for the reserves at Man U?

Played for the Man United U21's on Monday. Started a few times for Van Gaal at the start of the season before picking up an injury. Cant see him making it at United either though.

Thought he looked very good for us at times.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not really the same thing is it. The modern attacking footballer needs certain key skills to be successful, ideally a combination of strength, pace and skill. Lingard didn't have great pace, strength or any particular skill, he's just a decent footballer, Tex lacks pace and strength but has fantastic skill and natural ability. Texieria is similar to Coutinho, glides around the pitch and can create moments of magic that can turn games. Lingard is a typical young British footballer, he can do a decent job but nothing that sets him apart from the rest of the crowd.

I thought Lingard had plenty of skill, passing ability, positional sense and intelligence. He also contributed more to more games than Tex has as of yet, this poll is incredibly timely, coming as it has after Tex's best game by FAR in an albion shirt. Lingard managed quite a few assists and was a very useful, skilful player to have in the run up to the playoffs.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I thought Lingard had plenty of skill, passing ability, positional sense and intelligence. He also contributed more to more games than Tex has as of yet, this poll is incredibly timely, coming as it has after Tex's best game by FAR in an albion shirt. Lingard managed quite a few assists and was a very useful, skilful player to have in the run up to the playoffs.
Well there we go, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Regarding the timing of the poll, admittedly it has come just after Tex's best game but it should be considered that Lingard was playing in a play off chasing team under a manager that had a clue, Tex has spent most of his time here playing for a very confused, out of his depth manager. Let's see how he goes from now until the end of the season under Hughton.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Yes, it was Tex's best performance so far.

But when he first arrived, he had several excellent games (Leeds away, Bolton at home spring to mind) before succumbing to the club-wide torpor that was prevalent under Sami. Now that Hughton is boss, his performances are again showing what he is capable of.

Lingard was okay. I quite liked him, but he never excited me. I know that this isn't everything, but I also don't remember him looking particularly influential; he wasn't someone who could really take charge of a game.

Let's see how Tex performs for the rest of the season. I think we'll remember him a lot more fondly than Jesse when he's gone.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012

I agree with this, Tex blows hot and cold if he could peform consistently like he did against Ipswich he would sway my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here