Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Teams you like to see do well

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I’ve always liked Liverpool: the city and its civic buildings, the music, the football, the people. And latterly, as the most realistic obstacle to City. But thought it best not to mention them as some people on here get a bit irrational when the L word crops up.
How about Everton?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Charlton and Plymouth like a fair few others.

Then for family reasons, Southampton, Charlton (again), Brentford and West Ham. I don't actually mind Leeds for this reason either, although that one is always funny when they are shite.

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
I used to like certain teams because of their ground
Sunderland at Roker Park for example

Lower league clubs whose results I look for

Bristol Rovers
Carlisle
Exeter
Pompey
Derby
Accrington
Barrow
Grimsby
Newport County
Mansfield
Notts County
Hartlepool
Chesterfield
Oldham
Halifax

Yeah,basically I keep an eye on all the leagues

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Coventry, was at Uni there but also last few years they seem to have gone through similar problems to what we've suffered over the years

This will also be a controversial one, but due to family connections I like to see Portsmouth do well
Same.

Not Pompey though – they can get tae fack!

I quite admire Forest (and Cooper) – and have a bit of a soft spot for Boreham Wood, after watching a couple of their FA Cup games the other season.

Last edited:

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
Sunderland - an exes team - soft spot for the Reid, Quinn era... Niall Quinn's Disco Pants was our Millenium Tune.
Torquay - used to travel there for a couple of years most wkends (for romance!)
Always check out National League South for Yeovil (family connections) and Worthing
Local club - Littlehampton Town

Do look for Wrexham - due to following the doc. Shame that the only fans I encountered at the Non-League Wembley finals day were tools, but perhaps I was peed off LA had lost!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
After reading the thread about Wednesday and Reading's struggle it got me thinking about teams I am rooting for at the moment across the lower leagues.

Ipswich town.
Good support, a rich history but haven't graced the top flight for over 20 years. I remember their first season back in the early naughties where they incredibly reached Europe only to flop and go back down and not been back since. Happy to see they are in a great position to go up this season.

Preston.
In my mind they've always been a big club but not been in the top flight for over 60 years, I would to see them come up.

Bradford City.
A big conurbation who's fans turn up in numbers but seems like they are constantly rewarded with mediocrity on the pitch. Would love for them to climb the leagues.

Anyone have any teams they are rooting for this season?
Anyone playing Aston Villa, Luton, Sheffield United, Burnley, Everton, Leeds, Birmingham, Portsmouth, Sheffield Wednesday, Salford City & Wrexham!

Mar 4, 2023
Dad lives in Kent so would sometimes take me down to Priestfield and watch Gillingham in the mid to late 2000's, most often it was when they had the 'Kid for a Quid' ticket offer on!
I've always kept up with them since those days, and it made the connection even stronger after becoming a Seagull and learning about the ground share in the 90's. Not to mention having seen Crofty captaining the Gills and now coaching our Europa League players!

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Wycombe Wanderers, Eintracht Frankfurt and Ipswich.
Lived near Wycombe between 89 and 01, watched them regularly.
Lived in Bury St. Edmunds for a while, my Dad also was a season ticket holder at Ipswich, so I went from time to time.
Live near Frankfurt since 2003.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here