Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team vs Rotherham

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Murphy in for Lua Lua.
Elvis on the bench.

No need to muck about with a winning team.

Can't see this being mucked about with too much. After a fortnight off for internationals, I doubt if the players are that exhausted, just showing signs of being human after such an emotional day

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Surely Calde on the bench and Murphy in for Kaz. Hughton's comments on Elvis sounded a bit worrying. He might be another Toko - not what the recruitment team were expecting. I hope I'm wrong...

What are the comments that Hughton made about Elvis? I've obviously missed something somewhere.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Murphy in for Lua Lua.
Elvis on the bench.

No need to muck about with a winning team.

Why on earth would we change any of our back five? None of them played during the international break, add in the importance of keeping a settled team and the fact that anyone can beat anyone in this division.

With the second best defensive record in the division (we've conceded four, Middlesbrough only three), Hughton would have be a lunatic to make any unenforced changes to the back five.

All of the above.
In stark contrast to our previous foreign tinker men GP, OG and SH(ite) CH is clearly a keep the shirt no changes to a winning team man. In many respects something that I've always felt gets the best out of any squad as it instills confidence in players and improves team spirit. Those out want to get in but can't etc and everyone knows where they stand. Great to see.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Surely Calde on the bench and Murphy in for Kaz. Hughton's comments on Elvis sounded a bit worrying. He might be another Toko - not what the recruitment team were expecting. I hope I'm wrong...

Unlike Toko though his performances are real in a proper team in a proper European league and Continental cup competition against actual teams not against a bunch of part time chocalatiers and cookoo clock makers.

He is the real deal.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
With Lua Lua suspended and a few players looking exhausted, changes are inevitable. Will you pick our benched England U21 stars? Will you give Elvis his debut? Is it time to bring back Dunk and where does Albion legend Bobby Zamora fit in? Here is my team. I really won't mind if you want to change it although if you bring Holla into central midfield, you'll get a thumbs down!

--------------- Stockdale --------------
Rosenior --- Dunk --- Uwe --- Bong
Murphy - Stephens - Ince - Elvis
--------- Zamora -- Baldock ----------
Yes, we're playing a 'lesser' team - so let's change everything around. Worked well at Walsall ..............Oh .........

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
we'll underestimate Rotherham at our peril, how often do we get beaten by the divisions bottom club? I'd say 80/90% of the time.

Play the first choice team, Murphy for Lualua, and prepare for our toughest test of the season.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
don't estimate Rotherham. They'll fight like dogs. Remember Barnsley last year when we lost 2 0 at home? Plus the league is highly unpredictable. Keep winning team mentality in the camp Lua lua aside.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Same team but with Solly March for Lua Lua. Not been all that impressed with Murphy so far but I'm sure he will improve as he settles in.

Murphy is currently where SM will be in three or four seasons of playing regular first team football at the top of a good league one side and I think that's where he will end up once Manu has found his sharpness.

Murphy is a different type of player to both and on what i've seen so far plays with a footballing intelligence that belies his moderately youthful age.

Be interesting to see how Halford copes with Hemed, Baldock and a generally rejuvenated Albion from his time here last season.

The same way he did with other fancy dan teams or players when he was in our similarly struggling team last season - he will be tenacious, he will wind them up and he will spoil and it will be effective.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Be interesting to see how Halford copes with Hemed, Baldock and a generally rejuvenated Albion from his time here last season.

Halford has been dropped from their starting 11 after Rotherham conceded some comedy goals in their first couple of games.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Murphy in for Kaz is the only change, if players are looking tired after an hour then consider changes, this is not a time to think we can beat Rotherham by Resting players It will be a very tough game

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The same way he did with other fancy dan teams or players when he was in our similarly struggling team last season - he will be tenacious, he will wind them up and he will spoil and it will be effective.

I really hope Halford plays right back for Rotherham.

One of the most woeful performances by an albion player in a miserable year was his 'effort' vs Reading at the MadJetSki.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stockdale

Bruno
Greer
Hunemeier
Bong

Rosenior
Kayal
Stephens
Murphy

Hemed
Baldock

Subs : Maenpaa, Dunk, Ince, JFC, March, Elvis, Zamora.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here