Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team vs Oxford

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Thought tonight's away support were tremendous for the team, especially for the young lad who beat the Oxonites passing abilities in getting the ball between the ad boards, and the one liner....'we can see you cycling home' :)

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
How did Uwe play? Can we expect him back in the line-up Saturday possibly?

He looked fine but this was almost like a pre-season friendly game at times. Doubt he's ready for a full paced Championship game yet but depends how desperate we are.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Norwood - in a brief spell when we looked the business in the first half, he waste the heart of it. When his influence faded, we were dragged down to their level. Also, I remember Reading fans saying he's useless at corners. We saw a bit of that last night, not clearing first man.
Overall though if he is a replacement for Stephens plus a few million, i'm not disappointed

Sam Adugabe - fantastic finish but other than that nothing to get excited about at this stage. Enthusiastic but naive defensively and not a viable first team option yet (if bong gets dropped).

Elvis - he was ok. Rapid at times which scared them. It's hard to believe we paid big for him though as he's so limited. He'll never be a prolific scorer at champ level, nor will he be a better winger than Lua Lua, let along Knockaert.

Uwe - proper defender who organised the young back four as you would expect. Looked tired second half. Would be a big step to play him on Saturday on fitness grounds.

Lua Lua - He took the lead as a senior player and you may have seen the goal . he's getting back to form but it's taking time.

Very much a reserve team feel overall. Oxford were unlucky not to make it 2-2 but not long after that Tomer showed a true higher-level finish

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I thought overall we looked a bit disorganized in defence but that was unsuprising. Don't know what has happened to Ince, his passing was awful and it's like he's a teenage boy that has had a growth spurt and not yet gained full control if his linger limbs. All over the place. Good to have Uwe back and I thought the Sam chap at left back looked excellent 1st half especially going forward but seemed to fade badly second half. We looked very dangerous going forward - which given this is our second string attack is encouraging. Kaz blows hot and cold - great when hot but there were moments when he should have been busting a gut to get forward and just didn't look bothered. But hoping the goal get the 'Kaz at start of last season' back. I think Manu has something. He looks quick strong and dangerous and while he probably benefited from the generally crap standard of refereeing and linesmanning he seemed to be staying onside most of the. If his finishing was better (and maybe with confidence?) he could still come good i reckon. I was actually quietly ok with them scoring their last (very good) goal as I think it was deserved. 4-1 would have flattered us, althoufh we were better team overall.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I thought overall we looked a bit disorganized in defence but that was unsuprising. Don't know what has happened to Ince, his passing was awful and it's like he's a teenage boy that has had a growth spurt and not yet gained full control if his linger limbs. All over the place. Good to have Uwe back and I thought the Sam chap at left back looked excellent 1st half especially going forward but seemed to fade badly second half. We looked very dangerous going forward - which given this is our second string attack is encouraging. Kaz blows hot and cold - great when hot but there were moments when he should have been busting a gut to get forward and just didn't look bothered. But hoping the goal get the 'Kaz at start of last season' back. I think Manu has something. He looks quick strong and dangerous and while he probably benefited from the generally crap standard of refereeing and linesmanning he seemed to be staying onside most of the. If his finishing was better (and maybe with confidence?) he could still come good i reckon. I was actually quietly ok with them scoring their last (very good) goal as I think it was deserved. 4-1 would have flattered us, althoufh we were better team overall.

Think you're being a bit harsh on Ince. He was mixed definitely but had good moments.

As for Manu, must be one of the most frustrating players I've ever seen play for us. He obviously has ability but he never rushes to get onside and his general starting position seems to be just goal side of the last defender. He had moments last night when I thought maybe he could offer us something but he doesn't look bothered a lot of the time, including when he scored and didn't really celebrate.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Think you're being a bit harsh on Ince. He was mixed definitely but had good moments.

As for Manu, must be one of the most frustrating players I've ever seen play for us. He obviously has ability but he never rushes to get onside and his general starting position seems to be just goal side of the last defender. He had moments last night when I thought maybe he could offer us something but he doesn't look bothered a lot of the time, including when he scored and didn't really celebrate.

Ince suffers from the same weight of expectation (based on early performances) as JFC. I thought Ince was going to be something really special and it's frustrating to see him seemingly having gone backwards. Can't fault his effort last night though.

I appreciate I'm at odds with the majority but i really thought Manu looked good. I think if that had been his first ever appearance he'd have been judged much more positively. Everyone just seems to assume that he was offside far more often than I think he actually was (stats will probably prove me wrong). And there were definitely times when he made excellent runs and was let down by the failure of others to get forward and support him. He did dive though.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Ince suffers from the same weight of expectation (based on early performances) as JFC. I thought Ince was going to be something really special and it's frustrating to see him seemingly having gone backwards. Can't fault his effort last night though.

I appreciate I'm at odds with the majority but i really thought Manu looked good. I think if that had been his first ever appearance he'd have been judged much more positively. Everyone just seems to assume that he was offside far more often than I think he actually was (stats will probably prove me wrong). And there were definitely times when he made excellent runs and was let down by the failure of others to get forward and support him. He did dive though.

I agree re Ince. He looked great at first but has never gone on and become the player it seemed he would. It's a real shame. I thought he did okay last night but he's not the answer in central defence or central midfield. With him and JFC, I have a feeling we'll regret it when they move on permanently but that doesn't mean we should keep them.

I can see where you're coming from with Manu but he just doesn't seem that bothered at times to me. When he looked interested, he caused them problems and was a thread and he took his goal well but too many times he was in an offside position so players didn't pass to him when he was the best option. It's also the body language. I'm not saying he isn't bothered, just that it looks like he isn't. It doesn't sound like he's going anywhere this month so he'll be available until the new year but he'll only get a chance in the league if we have a few injuries.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I agree re Ince. He looked great at first but has never gone on and become the player it seemed he would. It's a real shame. I thought he did okay last night but he's not the answer in central defence or central midfield. With him and JFC, I have a feeling we'll regret it when they move on permanently but that doesn't mean we should keep them.

I can see where you're coming from with Manu but he just doesn't seem that bothered at times to me. When he looked interested, he caused them problems and was a thread and he took his goal well but too many times he was in an offside position so players didn't pass to him when he was the best option. It's also the body language. I'm not saying he isn't bothered, just that it looks like he isn't. It doesn't sound like he's going anywhere this month so he'll be available until the new year but he'll only get a chance in the league if we have a few injuries.
In his defence, players these days will often linger in an offside position in order to stretch the defence. What I can't defend with Elvis is his decision making which is often shocking and, in my experience is hard to teach.

PG

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't suppose any has mentioned Holla is still clearly the best free kick taker, at the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here