Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team vs Forest Green Rovers EFL Cup (A)

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
You have to admire potter, Bloom's answer to 4+ years without a so called number 9 was to splash a small fee (and from his other club) for a 26 year old playing in the Belgium league.
But potter Assesses him, and this is his first game. :lol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I guess the 9 on the subs bench Vs West Ham + 2 more, potentially Clarke/Van Hecke & Enciso

Two of those might be off soon.

This is what I’d like to see now:

—————————-Steele——————————
——Offiah————-Turns—————Colwill——
Lamptey——Mwepu——Alzate——-Estupiñán
———-Enciso———————-Mitoma————-
—————————-Undav——————————

I guess if Maupay plays, he’s probably staying.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone else a little worried at how often Sarmiento gets injured. He looks such a talent, but has he ever played two full games on the bounce? I seldom watch the Under 21s or U23s so genuinely don’t know, but I read more about him being injured than playing!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
With Clarke and Van Hecke off to pastures new and the majority of those who played at West Sham getting a rest, I think we’ll go with a very young but attacking line-up.

—————————Steele—————————-
——-Offiah————Turns——-Colwill———-
Lamptey——Mwepu——Alzate—-Estupiñán
————Enciso——————Mitoma————-
—————————-Undav—————————

Let’s bury these Vegans deeper than their carrots!

THis, As AOL says, Veltman and Mac deserve the rest, this is what squads are for and the yoof ned their chance and the experience.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I remember last season a few of the players that were destined to be loaned out played. Like Taylor Richards .

So wouldn't assume a player won't play if they're due to be loaned out.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

I see this as the most likely team. I don't think it's fair on Maupay or Van Hecke to be playing them if they are going to leave.

The permutation I could see on it is Estupinan not playing or maybe just getting 20 mins at the end, meaning he's likely to start at the weekend. In that case, Mitoma might get shoved out there and possibly Ferguson called up.

In either case it would certainly be a big night for that young defence.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is Kozlowski injured, as he doesn't appear to be in many selections ? ???

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In my most ITK moment EVER I can exclusively reveal that the team will be travelling today and did not stay over last night and Adam Lallana probably isn't starting. I know. Bozza should pay me for this shit really. (This is actually based on seeing Potter walking his dog along the seafront this morning and some time later seeing Lallana. Potter was in training gear and Lallana wasn't).

Back to guesswork and I'd personally hope to see Mitoma, Enciso and Undav get some decent minutes. I quite like the team [MENTION=23795]Hugo Rune[/MENTION] suggested but if we were going to give Van Hecke a start I'd maybe play Offiah at RWB. I'm not sure what's happening with JPVH's loan now we've sold Clarke. Would seem a heck of a risk to lose a CB unless we're confident that Turns or Offiah can step up.

We should have too much for FGR no matter what but Fulham probably thought that last night so we mustn't be complacent.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
In my most ITK moment EVER I can exclusively reveal that the team will be travelling today and did not stay over last night and Adam Lallana probably isn't starting. I know. Bozza should pay me for this shit really. (This is actually based on seeing Potter walking his dog along the seafront this morning and some time later seeing Lallana. Potter was in training gear and Lallana wasn't).

Back to guesswork and I'd personally hope to see Mitoma, Enciso and Undav get some decent minutes. I quite like the team [MENTION=23795]Hugo Rune[/MENTION] suggested but if we were going to give Van Hecke a start I'd maybe play Offiah at RWB. I'm not sure what's happening with JPVH's loan now we've sold Clarke. Would seem a heck of a risk to lose a CB unless we're confident that Turns or Offiah can step up.

We should have too much for FGR no matter what but Fulham probably thought that last night so we mustn't be complacent.

Were you dressed as Batman at the time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Yes, this assuming no JPVH or Maupay. Excited to see what that front three can do.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Andy Moran in midfield? with Alzate and Kozlowski

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
———-Tsoungui——Turns——-Colwill————
Lamptey——Kozlowski——Alzate——-Mitoma
————Moran———————Enciso————-
—————————-Undav—————————

I’m not expecting Maupay, van Hecke or Clarke to start with their potential moves. I have a hunch he may protect Mwepu and Estupinan for the weekend. Lamptey tends to be wrapped in cotton wool too, so it wouldn’t shock me if his minutes are managed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
———-Tsoungui——Turns——-Colwill————
Lamptey——Kozlowski——Alzate——-Mitoma
————Moran———————Enciso————-
—————————-Undav—————————

I’m not expecting Maupay, van Hecke or Clarke to start with their potential moves. I have a hunch he may protect Mwepu and Estupinan for the weekend. Lamptey tends to be wrapped in cotton wool too, so it wouldn’t shock me if his minutes are managed.
Yeh, let's save Mwepu and Estupinan - and Dunk, Webster, Veltman, Caicedo, Mac, Gross, Trossard, etc. - for the weekend. Three points from Leeds at home should more than make up for the disappointment of throwing away the chance of a decent cup run. Good though our squad is, anything less than four or five from the team that started at Wet Sham and we could get a nasty surprise. IMHO, like.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Undav nicely featured in the pre-match marketing photo, and there is an official website article saying he'll feature along with Colwill.

I assume they'll both start.

With Clarke OFF, I'll amend my lineup :

Steele

Lamptey
Offiah
Turns / van Hecke
Colwill
Alzate
Kozlowski
Enciso
Mitoma
Ferguson
Undav

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Moran is an interesting one. One of the strongest of our current U21s, but hasnt played much for our U21 side so far.

Will be interesting to see if hes involved, or if potentially he's trialling somewhere in the lower leagues with an eye to a loan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here