Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team vs Forest Green Rovers EFL Cup (A)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I remember last season a few of the players that were destined to be loaned out played. Like Taylor Richards .

So wouldn't assume a player won't play if they're due to be loaned out.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

True.

Whether the proposed destination club is still IN the Carabao Cup, might make a difference.

For example JPVH is rumoured for a loan to Sunderland, who are already out, so being cup-tied by us wouldn't matter. (Him getting injured would, of course...)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
In my most ITK moment EVER I can exclusively reveal that the team will be travelling today and did not stay over last night and Adam Lallana probably isn't starting. I know. Bozza should pay me for this shit really. (This is actually based on seeing Potter walking his dog along the seafront this morning and some time later seeing Lallana. Potter was in training gear and Lallana wasn't).

Back to guesswork and I'd personally hope to see Mitoma, Enciso and Undav get some decent minutes. I quite like the team [MENTION=23795]Hugo Rune[/MENTION] suggested but if we were going to give Van Hecke a start I'd maybe play Offiah at RWB. I'm not sure what's happening with JPVH's loan now we've sold Clarke. Would seem a heck of a risk to lose a CB unless we're confident that Turns or Offiah can step up.

We should have too much for FGR no matter what but Fulham probably thought that last night so we mustn't be complacent.

How do you know the team didn’t travel yesterday and Potter is going later ? :whistle:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I was wondering whether the timing of the world cup would make the big clubs more or less likely to bin off the Carabao cup.

checking the dates of each round, it seems that round 3 and 4 are to be played directly before/after the world cup.

That might open up the competition significantly.
Probably as good a time as any to really go for it.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Steele

Van Hecke
Colwill
Clarke

Lamptey
Alzate
Mwepu
Pervis

Maupay
Undav
Mitoma

I’ll amend my team as Clarke looks to be off. A change of formation as a result to 4-4-2.

Steele

Lamptey, Van Hecke, Colwill, Pervis

Enisco, Alzate, Mwepu, Mitoma

Maupay, Undav

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I was wondering whether the timing of the world cup would make the big clubs more or less likely to bin off the Carabao cup.

checking the dates of each round, it seems that round 3 and 4 are to be played directly before/after the world cup.

That might open up the competition significantly.
Probably as good a time as any to really go for it.

Yes, it probably is. Judging by some of the team selections on here though, some don't think so. Still, the kids did jolly well against Villa(?) a couple of years ago ....................

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Yes, it probably is. Judging by some of the team selections on here though, some don't think so. Still, the kids did jolly well against Villa(?) a couple of years ago ....................

No one on here is actually responsible for picking the team so I wouldn’t worry about it too much :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here