Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team v Leeds

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
How many games has Vicente started? Just Ipswich? If he's fit I think he'll start,but perhaps wide instead of Barnes? Mind you, hard to drop Barnes on current form. Reyes will surely start, but again very hard to drop Calde. Mattock sure-fire starter so he's 'resting' Dunk and moving El-Abd inside. Interesting. If its a good game from Adam, what does Gus do next? Does he want El-Abd at Anfield perhaps. Are Mattock/Reyes cup-tied?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Navarro should be odds on to start, but I don't see the point of him usually. Tomorrow we'll need him though I think, no Sparrow in the side. It's not the team I would pick, but I have a sneaky suspicion Gus will plump for;

Brezovan
Calderon
Greer
El-Abd
Mattock
Bridcutt
Navarro
Buckley
Barnes
Vokes
CMS

Let's be having them.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'd go with this, Barnes has been great but surely it has only been a stopgap while Noone & KLL have been out?

Brez

Calde
Greer
El Abd
Mattock

Buckley
Bridcutt
Navarro
Vicente
Noone

CMS

Personally I don't think Barnes has been used as a stop gap...it's a position he's played many a time when noone/lua lua have been fit

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
We'll need to score 2 if we want a point or more from this game IMO.

Vicente to start in place of Sparrow. Vokes for Barnes. El Abd for Dunk. Mattock and Reyes starting if fit. Pretty consistent by Gus recently.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Both Jara and Mattock played in WBA's fourth round defeat at home to Norwich so are both cup-tied.

Jara was injured (groin) in that game.
Mattock was caught out of place in the lead-up to Norwich's first goal.
Not a happy result for them or for us really.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
1. Brezovan
2. Calderon
3. Mattock
4. Bridcutt
5. El-Abd
6. Greer
7. Buckley
8. Vicente
9. M-Smith
10. Navarro
11. Noone

Subs: Ankergren, Lualua, Reyes, F-Caskey, Vokes

4-2-3-1

This must be the best team we've had for a long time, we'll give Leeds a good game tomorrow.

Last edited:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Gus has brought in a premiershi- striker in Vokes (possibly with a view to a permanent contract.

Does anyone think that he might start Sam Vokes rather than Barnsey, whom I admire greatly, but who is just too wasteful.

No, I think he will start with Barney, Gus wont change his plans and play two up front. Barnes will play the same as he has recently, where he can drop back and
help out the defense, especially with Spaz missing.
Start with Vicente, rip Leeds to shreds and get CMS scoring, then rest him after 60, when either Kaz or Noone can mutilate them, then Vokes can come on to get
on the end of the wide boys crosses.

Brezovan
Reyes, Greer, Al Abd, Mattock
Buckley, Bridcutt, Vicente, Navarro, Barnes
CMS

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
No, I think he will start with Barney, Gus wont change his plans and play two up front. Barnes will play the same as he has recently, where he can drop back and
Start with Vicente, rip Leeds to shreds and get CMS scoring, then rest him after 60, when either Kaz or Noone can mutilate them, then Vokes can come on to get
Brezovan
CMS

sounds like a plan :lol:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I cannot see Vicente starting yet he will be on the bench for the next 2 games to start against Liverpool winning the game almost single handedly. Minimal changes for the Leeds games but isn't it great to have such choice.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010

Brezovan
CMS

My thoughts were that, with someone as decent as Mattock at LB, we would no longer have to be concerned about the necessity of Barnes coming back to cover given that paints is really no longer a sensible option. Happy to bow to your superior viewpoint !

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am very pleased that it appears that El Abd is going to take his rightful place at the centre of the defence, long overdue to pair him and Greer together again.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I am very pleased that it appears that El Abd is going to take his rightful place at the centre of the defence, long overdue to pair him and Greer together again.

I know what you are saying especially as there is the distinct possibility of LD moving on in the summer hence he ( AeA ) should not be kept away from regular first team action.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
I think tomorrow's line-up will either be electrifyingly positive or massively conservative and frankly disappointing - no inbetweens.
Whichever - Gus will have a clear plan and the last 20 minutes will almost certainly be when his strategies all play out.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Did the two man city players not sign?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here