[Albion] Team v Arsenal (h)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It's going to be very hard at having a stab at a team for this one before listening to Graham Potters press conference later this week

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No point in guessing until we know more about Welbeck and Bissouma.

I would like to see March instead of Cucurella though.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
No point in guessing until we know more about Welbeck and Bissouma.

I would like to see March instead of Cucurella though.

Well yeh. To me if Solly's fit all season he plays 38 out of 38

Neither deserve to be left out. Solly on the right doesn't seem like too much of a ridiculous shoehorn

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Curve ball selection incoming. Arsenal are going youth and pace and we'll need to counter...

Big Bob
Veltman Dunk Cucurella
Lamptey Biss Lallana March
Welbeck Maupay Tross

Well, apart from Bissouma and Welbeck possibly/likely (we don't know which) to be unavailable, should be fine!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Time to unleash Lamptey, if he's fit to be sub then he's fit to play,odds are Bissouma and Wellbeck Alzate won't be around for this one possibly opening up the bench for the likes of Tolaj who's been outstanding in the U23s, will be interesting if he plays tonight v FGR, if he doesn't then Potter may be lining him up for Saturday.

Sanchez
Lamptey
Dunk
Duffy
Veltman
Cuccarella
Moder
MacAllister
Lallana
Trossard
Maupay

Subs Steele,Burn,March,Tolaj,Gross,Sarmiento,RichardsConnolly,Roberts.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don’t think we’ll be seeing Bissouma for a while :down:

GP will be vaguely optimistic in interviews to keep Arsenal guessing, just like he was about last night in his pre match press conference

Saw somewhere he was training with knee brace on so hope you’re wrong!

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Time to unleash Lamptey, if he's fit to be sub then he's fit to play,odds are Bissouma and Wellbeck Alzate won't be around for this one possibly opening up the bench for the likes of Tolaj who's been outstanding in the U23s, will be interesting if he plays tonight v FGR, if he doesn't then Potter may be lining him up for Saturday.

Sanchez
Lamptey
Dunk
Duffy
Veltman
Cuccarella
Moder
MacAllister
Lallana
Trossard
Maupay

Nice looking line up if you ask me?

TNBA

TTF

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
According to Jonny Cantor it does sound like Alzate, Welbeck and Bissouma will be out. Biss going to be a massive loss again if he is out as I think we desperately need him to counter the threat of Arsenal's attacking midfield three of Saka, Odegaard and Smith-Rowe. Assuming they are out and that Lamptey is fit enough to start now, personally I would go for:

------------------Sanchez;
---------Veltman - Duffy - Dunk;
Lamptey - Lallana - Moder - Cucurella;
-----------------Mac Allister;
-------------Maupay - Trossard.

I expect to see Burn instead of Lamptey and Gross instead of Mac Allister/Moder though.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013

Sanchez
Lamptey
Dunk
Duffy
Veltman
Cuccarella
Moder
MacAllister
Lallana
Trossard
Maupay

Yes I like this. Sorry not as big a fan of March as many others on here. Cuccarella has far more intent and attitude about his game. Also agree on Moder adding some bite in midfield. This looks a good line-up, with exciting options against a lively Arsenal team. Well done.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Apart from the CBs all in the wrong places, agreed.

Potter and Ashworth at Lancing:

"I'm playing all the right centre backs. But not necessarily in the right order."

download (1).jpg

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I really like Duffy, but the thought of him starting against Arsenal fills me with dread.

Not only will he have small, skillful, speedy players buzzing around him to deal with (and few 'meat & drink' crosses to deal with), but he'll be massively targetted by the Arsenal press. Playing out from the back gets a LOT harder (more predictable & easier to disrupt) if you have to go through the same players to avoid the weak link. Arsenal steamrollered (an admittedly supine) Spurs in the first half with their press at the weekend and I can see them going for similar against us.

To be clear, I am not doing Duffy down - I just don't think he's the right man for this opponent.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Main reason for Palace performance was nobody played in Bissouma role. If he doesnt play somebody has to sit deep win tackles and give to midfielder further forward. Only options, Moder,Zambian,or Veltman. Dont think we will need 3 CBs

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I really like Duffy, but the thought of him starting against Arsenal fills me with dread.

Not only will he have small, skillful, speedy players buzzing around him to deal with (and few 'meat & drink' crosses to deal with), but he'll be massively targetted by the Arsenal press. Playing out from the back gets a LOT harder (more predictable & easier to disrupt) if you have to go through the same players to avoid the weak link. Arsenal steamrollered (an admittedly supine) Spurs in the first half with their press at the weekend and I can see them going for similar against us.

To be clear, I am not doing Duffy down - I just don't think he's the right man for this opponent.

He's a big attacking threat for us from set pieces though so for me he has to start

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports