Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team to play West Ham

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We are in serious injury / suspension hell now !!

All interchangeable (!!!)

Steele

Hinsh
Milner
JPVH
Pervis

Baleba

Lallana
Grob
Gilmour

Pedro

Wellbz

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hoping that Igor's injury scare is just that, and he can play. Otherwise the back four really is a conundrum - unless somebody finds WEBSTER down the back of the sofa.

From what we know of RDZ though, I think he's more likely to trust one of the young CB's than play a midfielder there. I think Kavanagh is at the head of the queue? If it's a makeshift one, then Moder would seem the best fit.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Hoping that Igor's injury scare is just that, and he can play. Otherwise the back four really is a conundrum - unless somebody finds WEBSTER down the back of the sofa.

From what we know of RDZ though, I think he's more likely to trust one of the young CB's than play a midfielder there. I think Kavanagh is at the head of the queue? If it's a makeshift one, then Moder would seem the best fit.
Was thinking similar. Other alternative is Gross centre back. He has played there before but not 90mins

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
-------------Verbruggen
Hinshelwood Van Hecke Baleba Estupinan
-----------Gilmour Gross
--------Pedro Moder Welbeck
--------------Ferguson

• We're playing West Ham, with their physicality and set piece ability at the wrong time
  • It might seem odd dropping Milner, but I want him fresh for a half hour stint at left back as Pervis is surely still recovering.
  • I also want to get 45 mins each out of Moder and Lallana
  • Baleba, I think the least bad option as emergency centre back. I would not be at all surprised to see Kavanagh start though
  • Welbeck on the wing where he played so well for England back in the day
  • Basically I'm trying to load in as much height as I can muster
  • Verbruggen, marginally better off his line so in the side for this one
  • Might we have even recalled someone by then? Might Sarmiento feature?
  • Subs will be very weak. Only Steele and Dahoud, I think are the first team players available to man the bench

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
———————-Steele————————-
Hinsh——JPvH———Baleba—Estupinan
—————Gilmour—-Moder——-———-
Pedro—————Groß———-——-Milner
————-——Ferguson———————-

Lallana couldn’t run last night. He didn’t look right. I’m not sure Welbz has another game in him so soon after his great Spuds performance.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Baleba and Lallana on the bench and hopefully unused, think we're f****d if we need to start them.

I only saw the post match interview on OS, nothing mentioned about Igor or Buonanotte injuries. So hoping they are both fit enough to start with Igor moving across to CB

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
No way baleba. He’s been a shambles. Needs a loan to the champ.

———————Steele
Hinshelwood - JP - Igor - estupinian
———moder - Milner - Gilmour
—welbeck——gross———pedro
——————Ferguson————-

Think Igor will play. He is a beast.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I’d be amazed if Lallana was available on Tuesday, he looked like he’d damaged his hamstring after 5 minutes.
It’s Thursday-Tuesday though not Thursday-Sunday, so I’d expect Welbeck and Milner to be OK for it and Pervis/Moder have 5 day’s recovery and not 3. We could really have done without the brain freeze from Dunk on 80 mins last night, although watching it back I’m struggling to see the yellow card in that tackle.

As someone with a ticket to Stoke I’m wondering why I’m bothering now?!! May as well save on the time/cost and go watch the U23s at Lancing!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I think he'll start with:

Steele

JPVH Baleba Igor

Hinsh Gross Gilmour Milner

Buonanotte

Ferguson Joao Pedro

He's said that Beleba is better when the game is in front of him, and he will have to keep his discipline in a back three. I'm not sure I have quite the confidence that some others do in our u-21 central defenders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here