team or fans?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
Who let who down today,atmo very poor as was the albion against a poor lcfc???

Does the tall guy in D block now f block still go , have not heard him for a couple of games in fact hardly heard anyone, the singing from the edges of yhe North cannot be heard in the centre of the stand

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Team
Just no end product
Fans only respond to a team who plays well

This.

As with earlier in the season, from the first second the opposition started better, with power, pace and better tactics.
Then the normally good Orlandi, Lopez and Ulloa spent much time on the deck whinging.
Our attacks and counter attacks were pedestrian.

This set the tone for the vibrant pre match hype to fade away in the stands, as the team of snails failed to live up to expectations.

The crowd sensed from the off it wasn't to be the Albion's day.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Exactly 15 minutes of stunned proper library silence.

I've never known the AMEX to be proper deathly silent.

The sooner we get the come back monkey off our back, the better.

Or acting like an expensively assembled team of quality PL wannabes and ripping into the opposition from the first minute.
They would be a start.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The team did nothing to inspire the fans until the equaliser. I agree that the support could have been better, I sing but get the feeling its pockets of fans rather than a whole section of a stand.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
The team did nothing to inspire the fans until the equaliser. I agree that the support could have been better, I sing but get the feeling its pockets of fans rather than a whole section of a stand.

Think that's part of the problem. A bunch of us in the centre left of the North always sing, and there's a contingent to our left who do a decent job, plus the NSK lot back right. Everyone just seemed edgy today, and we didn't get up a head of steam like some games. Odd.

Atmosphere is ALWAYS going to be better away, as generally the away support want to sing much more consistently than the home crowd. But it IS a two-way thing - the team has to inspire the crowd, then the crowd urge on the team. Players looked tired and lacking a cutting edge today.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Crowd sounded good whilst watching the game online. Please quit the weekly whinge about whether we make enough noise or not. All depends on where you are invite ground. Maybe it's a downside of the Amex design that the acoustics aren't great.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Fans dreadful. Of the 28,000, how many were mannekins? :dunce: What we need is a silly banner from the opposition.

Just didn't happen today. I blame many things. The team played plesantly, we had a bit of a go, they were a bit better and we sensed it was tough. We didn't get a shocking refereeing decision which always stokes the atmosphere.

Who cares, what happened has happened and we're nicely placed. Whisper it, but today wasn't game over or job done. Win, lose or draw there was work to do. So here we are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports