Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team Objectives For Norwich Game

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I agree you with that three points is fundamental but we really need to back it up with a decent performance too. It’s a confidence thing as well, play quick one touch, attractive football that we are capable of rather than the slow, ponderous stuff we’ve had to endure in recent weeks. Do that and the team’s morale will go up in leaps and bounds.

Disagree. Tomorrow is all about the result, not performance. If we score a winner off Duffys arse after Norwich lay siege to our goal for 90mins that’s all that matters. Can’t see us switching to Brazilian flair after 7 games without a win. Football just doesn’t work that way. It’s far more likely to be an absolute stinker, but hopefully we’ll beat the Canaries despite. Win ugly in a nutshell.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I think we should all arrive early and practice celebrating a goal, I, for one, am a bit out of touch on this.

Do you think the infamous white goal arrows will make an appearance again?!!

el punal

Disagree. Tomorrow is all about the result, not performance. If we score a winner off Duffys arse after Norwich lay siege to our goal for 90mins that’s all that matters. Can’t see us switching to Brazilian flair after 7 games without a win. Football just doesn’t work that way. It’s far more likely to be an absolute stinker, but hopefully we’ll beat the Canaries despite. Win ugly in a nutshell.

Okay then, part one - win, part two - IF we can/allowed to, play with style. Loads of ‘ifs’ hanging on this game.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Just watched the extended highlights on FB (23 MINS) and basically we need a repeat of that performance though it might be better if 5 separate players scored to boost confidence...

Watching that game Skalak looked a good player , well at least going forward .

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Okay then, part one - win, part two - IF we can/allowed to, play with style. Loads of ‘ifs’ hanging on this game.

Oh definitely would love this, but probably asking too much for both. Win first. Ugly or beautiful second! :)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
TRY not to let in too many goals.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Put that funny round thing which is like a hot potato when we eventually get it in the opponents area into that thing that is called a goal

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
And if we dont score and win how many fans will be left in the stadium at FT? Will the boos ring out? What will GP say. It doesnt bear thinking about. I sense we are under huge pressure i just hope we can deliver.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
We need to get the ball into the opponent's half of the pitch periodically. Kicking off after they have scored does not count. It would be great if their goalkeeper actually had something to do at some point during the 90 minutes. Seeing him pick the ball out of the net after we've scored a goal that wasn't disallowed twenty minutes after the ball crossed the line, due to a bead of sweat on the forehead of one of our strikers being beyond the last defender would be a bonus. If Dean Smith knew what he was doing, he would realise that they have no need to actually field a goalkeeper. They could erect a bring and buy stall on their goal line, with all proceeds going to Ukrainian victims of Putin's genocide.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
And if we dont score and win how many fans will be left in the stadium at FT? Will the boos ring out? What will GP say. It doesnt bear thinking about. I sense we are under huge pressure i just hope we can deliver.

Didn’t hear any booing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here