Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team NSC - USA Soccer Ball

hairygrump

Minnesota Gooooooooooal.
Aug 6, 2010
I wouldn't call him shit necessarily, but he's definitely been disappointing this year. Can't ever seem to get himself settled enough to shoot and hasn't beaten a defender 1v1 all year. He's a good shooter when he uncorks one (he had a near miss last night, and anybody that could get a decent shot with good pace on in that wading pool without breaking their neck was doing okay). That's why I think he's working better with somebody else ahead of him with their back to the goal. Hopefully we'll get a few more games for him to settle into the new arrangement.

Really our pitch is great and drains really well. I bet today it's not so bad. The problem was something like 2" of rain fell while the lightning was coming down, so the pitch didn't have a chance to drain enough.

Ayeready

Aug 4, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
What songs do the band play?

"Play" would be a generous term. There's fan favourite "Hot Nuts", "Suicide is Painless"... I can't really remember others. Dirty Old Town was getting a good airing on Wednesday.

Also what do I do in the next game as I am supposed to be supporting Tampa too

Either a) Stop supporting Tampa or b) hope that from the misery of their humiliating upcoming defeat by the all-conquering NSC Stars the Tampa players find some kind of inner strength that - while it doesn't get them into the playoffs - makes them much better people.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
"Play" would be a generous term. There's fan favourite "Hot Nuts", "Suicide is Painless"... I can't really remember others. Dirty Old Town was getting a good airing on Wednesday.

Either a) Stop supporting Tampa or b) hope that from the misery of their humiliating upcoming defeat by the all-conquering NSC Stars the Tampa players find some kind of inner strength that - while it doesn't get them into the playoffs - makes them much better people.

:lolol:

Come on you STARS. Make the play offs...

GumbyGrrl

Aug 6, 2010
Blaine, Minnesota, USA
What songs do the band play?

Also what do I do in the next game as I am supposed to be supporting Tampa too

"Band" is a generous term. :) If you want to play, pick up a drum, grab a cowbell, bring a horn, join in however you want. No skills or talent required.

Why would you support Tampa Bay?! They're thugs in shiny clown suits!
;->

Last edited:

GregX

Aug 4, 2010
St. Paul, MN USA
Del Do scores a goal in the 49th minute. 1-0 Stars!

That's the final. 3 much needed points!

Last edited:

Ayeready

Aug 4, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Del Do scores a goal in the 49th minute. 1-0 Stars!

That's the final. 3 much needed points!

Was that Del Do? I thought that was Rodriguez, but I was at the other end of the field and, also, plastered.

Great result for the Stars. Great atmosphere in the beer garden too.

Edit: nope, it was Del Do. The Pleasurer gently inserts another goal for the win. The Del Do/Bracalello combo is really working for us.

Last edited:

Ayeready

Aug 4, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
PLAYOFFS.

Not that my lovely friends in England know anything about PLAYOFFS.

I can't wait to see the Seagulls in person, but he NSC Stars are playing great right now, and it would be great if one of you would figure out how to donate 20million to the squad!

Yup, Miami beat Always Crappy St Louis 4-2, which means our playoff spot is safe.

Ayeready

Aug 4, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Wahey 3-1 vs Tampa Bay, who just fired Kenny Dalglish's son.

Goals for Rodriguez, Bracalello and Takada (finally!).

The second half was terrible because we took off most of our good players. Hopefully we'll get video of the goals soonish.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Good times :clap:

I'm surprised Mendoza hasn't posted the photo I took of him posing with his NSC Stars scarf at Plymouth this week. Believe!!

Ayeready

Aug 4, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Videos of those goals I promised..

STARS TV: 9-30-10 - NSC Minnesota Stars

The first leg of the playoffs finished 0-0 last night. Disappointing result, because I thought we had them on the ropes a few times. Now we have to wait for Saturday...

Two local, well-thought-of football blogs presented awards to players last night in Goalkeeper/Defender/Midfielder/Forward/Rookie categories as well as a player of the year. Well deserved awards all...

duNord Futbol and Inside Minnesota Soccer Present the 2010 NSC Stars Player Awards | Inside Minnesota Soccer

Ayeready

Aug 4, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Well, that is that: Stars crash out of the playoffs with our worst defeat ever, 4-0 to the Carolina Railhawks. Absolutely miserable night.

Maybe we'll be around next year, maybe we won't.

But for now we can focus our full attention on watching Brighton and Hove's ascendancy. ALBION!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here