Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team NSC - USA Soccer Ball

GumbyGrrl

Aug 6, 2010
Blaine, Minnesota, USA
Have NSC won since we adopted them? :tantrum:

No such luck. Since 1 August, we've had 2 draws and 2 losses.
Against the MLS-bound Portland Timbers, 'Papa' Joe Warren picked up a red card and VanOekel was subbed in to defend the penalty kick (unsuccessfully). The rest of his game was good, including a nice double-save at 1:27 in the highlights video, but we couldn't find the goal. Of course, it probably doesn't help that our top goal-scorer (Cvilikas) was on the bench until the 79th minute...

http://nscminnesota.org/home/459036.html

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
2 draws and 2 losses?

LAGOS OUT! We want a tried and tested, er, English coach.

In an ideal world, Peter Ward would wander in, demand the job, take over and propel the club to never-before-seen heights of success.

hairygrump

Minnesota Gooooooooooal.
Aug 6, 2010
well this has died off abit hasn't it? shame I wouldn't mind some more stars news

There's two reasons for this, probably. First, the Stars played a bunch of games early in the season (two weeks with two games and one with three!), so they're getting rest they should have had earlier now. That, combined with two games with no goals from the boys is leaving us not much to talk about, even on our own board.

That said, the team held a "fantasy camp" last week, where fat old guys with more money than self awareness that like soccer (no disrespect; I'm like them in all but the money part) got to train and play a game at the Stars stadium. Those guys hung 11 goals on each other, so we know it's not the pitch keeping the scoring low.

Ayeready

Aug 4, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
well this has died off abit hasn't it? shame I wouldn't mind some more stars news

Yeah, I would have posted a match report but was too bloody depressed/drunk to make a job of it.

Only two games left of the season if they don't pull their collective fingers out and get us some points.

Sigh.

I promise I'll post pics from the next game, hangover be-damned.

GumbyGrrl

Aug 6, 2010
Blaine, Minnesota, USA
Yeah, I would have posted a match report but was too bloody depressed/drunk to make a job of it.

Only two games left of the season if they don't pull their collective fingers out and get us some points.

Sigh.

I promise I'll post pics from the next game, hangover be-damned.

We actually have 4 games left - 2 away and 2 home.
Wish us some luck.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Says on Twitter that our chaps lost 2-0 to Austin. To make matters worse Neil Hlavaty was sent off.

Oh dear.

Keep the faith my American Cousins. Yeeee Haaaaar!

Ayeready

Aug 4, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
That was a completely miserable game. Austin have already secured a play-off spot, so I was hoping they'd phone this one in before the game started.

Then at half time, I was hoping we'd draw.

Then in injury time I was just hoping they would at least score a goal. No suck luck.

Unless I'm completely wrong, we played a 4-5-1, which I've been saying for a while is a better way to make use of our solid midfield selections and stop wasting time on Tarley. Can't say it did us any good.

But this game did mark the return of Rodriguez and Devin "The Pleasurer" Del Do. So that's nice. Van Oekel had some heroics that stopped this from turning uglier.

I will say this, our stadium is nicer. The Azteks have to play on a field marked for American Throwball, you could barely see the football pitch markings.

We have another road game, and then only two games at home... maybe the last ever professional games in MN. :cry:

Ayeready

Aug 4, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Unbelievable really. What do you think you'll do if the worst happens?

I don't know... presumably the team would exist on some level, maybe on a lower league: grit my teeth and wait for it to return to a higher level.

B&HA fans have endured a fair amount over the years, so at least Stars fans will have role-models for dogged persistence :thumbsup:

hairygrump

Minnesota Gooooooooooal.
Aug 6, 2010
Gumbygrrl's point is important though. We were all moping around about 11 months ago thinking we wouldn't have a team to support, but there was enough interest in the area to make sure second division football kept alive around here.

We'll just see how many saviors we've got floating around.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
It's astonishing, reading this thread from the start. A roller-coaster of strangely familiar excitement, expectations and the uncomfortable heavy disbelief.

Many fingers crossed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here