Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team NSC - USA Soccer Ball

GumbyGrrl

Aug 6, 2010
Blaine, Minnesota, USA
Here's the starting line-up for those of you who have adopted players:
Warren, Cvilikas, Lorenz, Arango, Moura, Wasson, Altman, Allen, Gotsmanov, Friedland, Tarley
Subs:
Hlavaty, Ukah, Wright, Takada, Kallman, Bracalello, VanOekel

Ayeready

Aug 4, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
1st half notes:

-3min Portland fans love their country more than Minnesota fans do… that was some heartfelt national anthem-ing.
Line-up: Warren; Lorenz, Friedland, Altman, Arango (Cpt); Wasson, Allen, Gotsmanov, Moura; Tarley, Cvilikas.
5min saved shot from Tarley, a belter from range. Energetic start.
9min Shot from Ryan Pore (PT) saved by Joe Warren so manfully that every woman in the stands is suddenly pregnant. Portland have a lot of drums going, mostly because Portland is pretty much just one big dirty drum circle. Filthy hippies.
15min Shot from Suzuki (PT) goes wide. Pretty sloppy play but it isn’t going our way.
17min Warren saves again. Defence looking shaky.
23min 1-0. ALLEN SCORES! May have been offside, but he leaps on the chance. LOVE THAT GUY! Wow, Portland has only come back to win after going behind ONCE in 3 years. Spineless hippies. We’re still not playing that great.
26min Bright Dike (P) whips a cross clean across the park. Pore (P) commits his 5th foul. Our defenders seem to be doing a good job of winding him up.
35min Gotsmanov to Cvilikas in the box, but it is too crowded for them to get any control. Friedland being given plenty of space to come up the right wing.
37min Yellow card for Kyle Altman, Altman and Gotsmanov tag team Pore(?). Free kick screams over the bar. Portland clears the front rows behind the goal in case someone gets hit by a ball? Pussies.
39min Defence seems to be doing better, picking up balls well. Hey, it is John Spencer! Good guy.
41min High snatch from Joe Warren.
42min Pore kicks Joe Warren in the gut, Kyle Altman almost runs in and skins him; red surely? No?
43min 1-1. Dike somehow gets past three defenders and pokes a goal in to Warren’s right.
47min Halftime blown.

Ayeready

Aug 4, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Man, we need to get these emoticons over on our board. There are so many awesome ones to choose from. The Stars are tied at the half, but rumor has it that they are going to dig down deep and use the NSC badge of honor to pull of a win on the road in front of 13,000 in Portland.

:guns::catfight::drunk:

It's like this one was made especially for Doctor Scrumpy :tosser:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I like these bits, amongst others, from the MLS pledge to fans “………Support his or her team, provided that the support is in good taste and neither adversely impacts the event experience of fellow spectators nor negatively impacts the game………………..Expect displays of good sportsmanship (from fans)……..” Somehow I can’t ever see that being likely in the UK. Fair play to the Yanks, their matches are definitely more family friendly – but at the same time I always find myself missing the chanting and that ‘edge’ that you get at English matches.

Ayeready

Aug 4, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I like these bits, amongst others, from the MLS pledge to fans “………Support his or her team, provided that the support is in good taste and neither adversely impacts the event experience of fellow spectators nor negatively impacts the game………………..Expect displays of good sportsmanship (from fans)……..” Somehow I can’t ever see that being likely in the UK. Fair play to the Yanks, their matches are definitely more family friendly – but at the same time I always find myself missing the chanting and that ‘edge’ that you get at English matches.

Yeah, it is a bit Care Bears, isn't it? "Don't be a dick" probably wouldn't fly though.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The most heated exchange I’ve heard between rival fans at Red Bulls is

“You suck!” “No, you suck”

Scary stuff.

Ayeready

Aug 4, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
2nd half notes:

46min Cross from Joy to Pore (P) goes wide right.
54min foul by incredibly girly looking Keel (P). Cross in gave us a chance in the air, but went a bit long. Right back up the other end, Pore loops it past the Stars goal. Close one. Where is Tarley?
60min Portland gets a penalty, Pore is still moaning.
61min 2-1 Portland. Tarley picks up a yellow for dissent.
63min Ian Joy fouls Geison Moura: red card!
65min Uh, Our coach just got red carded. Manny Lagos shown the door. Hmm.
66min Gotsmanov crosses in, Cvilikas can’t get on the end of it. The fabulously named Quavas kirk comes on for Portland to shore up their defence.
67min Friedland picks up a yellow for another foul on Pore. Cvilikas off and Bracallelo on. C’mon Simone!
69min Wasson’s corner comes to nothing.
71min Someone on for Allen? No, am I imagining that?
72min Overhead kick from Simone Bracallelo comes damn close to going in. Cronin saves on reflex.
73min 2-2 Bracallelo heads it in from a corner. YOU f***ing DANCER! O Bracallelo, score one for me, you f***ing genius, from Italyyyyy…
75min 15,000 attendance in Portland, amazing numbers for this league. Hard to imagine at the NSC. Suuuuub Tarley, suuuub Tarley. Christ, Gotsmanov off, Wright on. Tarley still standing around.
79min Portland makes a substitution, they’re still in 4-4-1.
80min Feed is skipping… Manny Lagos seems to be trying to sneak back into the dugout. The beer garden will welcome you Manny!
81min Allen with a close chance to Cronin’s right. Timbers make another substitution – bringing on a scorer.
83min Tarley loses track of the ball, lets Portland make an attempt down the middle. Our defence looks nervous.
86min Tarley off for Warren Ukah. Too late again. Looks like 4 minutes of stoppage time.
88min Portland free kick from distance. Warren takes it cleanly from the air like a majestic eagle. Slow build up for the Stars as we pass 90mins.
91min Arango wrangles an aerial attempt in the box. Right back up the other end.
92min Lorenz cannons a shot from distance way over the bar.
93min Arango furiously talking his way into a card arguing with the ref. Arango’s free kick comes to nothing.
94min That’s it.

2-2. That’s probably a better result for us, but man, we should have held that lead in the first half.

GregX

Aug 4, 2010
St. Paul, MN USA
Ayeready we need to get you doing play-by-play on the feed...

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
1st half notes:

-3min Portland fans love their country more than Minnesota fans do… that was some heartfelt national anthem-ing.
Line-up: Warren; Lorenz, Friedland, Altman, Arango (Cpt); Wasson, Allen, Gotsmanov, Moura; Tarley, Cvilikas.
5min saved shot from Tarley, a belter from range. Energetic start.
9min Shot from Ryan Pore (PT) saved by Joe Warren so manfully that every woman in the stands is suddenly pregnant. Portland have a lot of drums going, mostly because Portland is pretty much just one big dirty drum circle. Filthy hippies.
15min Shot from Suzuki (PT) goes wide. Pretty sloppy play but it isn’t going our way.
17min Warren saves again. Defence looking shaky.
23min 1-0. ALLEN SCORES! May have been offside, but he leaps on the chance. LOVE THAT GUY! Wow, Portland has only come back to win after going behind ONCE in 3 years. Spineless hippies. We’re still not playing that great.
26min Bright Dike (P) whips a cross clean across the park. Pore (P) commits his 5th foul. Our defenders seem to be doing a good job of winding him up.
35min Gotsmanov to Cvilikas in the box, but it is too crowded for them to get any control. Friedland being given plenty of space to come up the right wing.
37min Yellow card for Kyle Altman, Altman and Gotsmanov tag team Pore(?). Free kick screams over the bar. Portland clears the front rows behind the goal in case someone gets hit by a ball? Pussies.39min Defence seems to be doing better, picking up balls well. Hey, it is John Spencer! Good guy.
41min High snatch from Joe Warren.
42min Pore kicks Joe Warren in the gut, Kyle Altman almost runs in and skins him; red surely? No?
43min 1-1. Dike somehow gets past three defenders and pokes a goal in to Warren’s right.
47min Halftime blown.

no love lost when playing v. Portland then ?

:laugh:

Ayeready

Aug 4, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
no love lost when playing v. Portland then ?

:laugh:

Nah. With teeth-bared, that's the only way I know how to look at our opposition.

Except Puerto Rico - their fans are always nice and happy to be there.

There was a small but vocal Portland support at our last home game against them (they're here for university and, presumably, our advanced deodorant technology); we almost never get opposition supporters. We were beaten at home, so that irked me.

I think part of the new USSF D-2 standards for teams is having a Scottish accent somewhere in your online video. This might be our way in.

It was nice to see John Spencer last night: he was the Scottish catholic standing in the background at Rangers while everyone was talking about Mo Johnston being "the first catholic to play for Rangers", probably a bit confused by the whole thing.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
What about food at your stadium, i'm sure you can get large calorific super hotdogs and other such wondrous items of culinary delight??

Hot dogs and stuff is available in the main stand, but since I never leave the beer garden, I'm not sure what all they have.

The beer is... best served so cold you can't really taste it. I struggle on, manfully. I don't think they know how much money they'd make off the beer garden beards if they had some really good beer on tap.

Also, last year they had some games where you'd get a free beer for every goal we scored. It sounds like a recipe for financial disaster.. maybe it was... but I think we'd all die of thirst if Tarley was up front.

Never leave the beer garden - Legend!

The sportsman should serve free beer after every game Holroyd scores in!

Huge game tonight for NSC as they take on the Vancouver Whitecaps.

Our last game was nicely played in front of 15,000 in Portland, Oregon. This game is at home and many of us demanding victory as we need to secure our spot for the playoffs. Game starts at 7pm CST which is about 1am your time.

Think that means you folks need to drink inside tonight.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Huge game tonight for NSC as they take on the Vancouver Whitecaps.

Our last game was nicely played in front of 15,000 in Portland, Oregon. This game is at home and many of us demanding victory as we need to secure our spot for the playoffs. Game starts at 7pm CST which is about 1am your time.

Think that means you folks need to drink inside tonight.

Good timing, as I can watch the Premier League highlights, then the Football League highlights :rolleyes: on BBC, then keep an eye on NSC's finest
:clap:

I had no idea a team called Vancouver Whitecaps still existed: retro-tastic!

BeepBeepImaJeep

Farewell and adieu....
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Good timing, as I can watch the Premier League highlights, then the Football League highlights on BBC, then keep an eye on NSC's finest

I had no idea a team called Vancouver Whitecaps still existed: retro-tastic!

They join MLS next year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here