Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Actually, from the club site;
Roberto De Zerbi confirmed on Friday at his pre-match press conference that he has a fully-fit squad to chose from with Adam Webster back in contention. De Zerbi said that Tariq Lamptey will play for the under-21s against Chelsea on Friday.
Like to see Enciso get a bit more time in this one.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I saw Lallana in his Range Rover the other day, probably took a sharp corner or braked too hard, out for the season no doubt.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

If those 3 are off on loan, we’ll 100% be bringing in a Caicedo replacement(s).

I can’t understand if it’s Lamptey’s fitness or his poor decision making/passing (see Arsenal at home last year) that is concerning RDZ the most?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If those 3 are off on loan, we’ll 100% be bringing in a Caicedo replacement(s).

I can’t understand if it’s Lamptey’s fitness or his poor decision making/passing (see Arsenal at home last year) that is concerning RDZ the most?
He said this about the Caicedo replacement when asked in the press conference - "We are working on a new midfielder..."

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
This twitter / x posting is still inconsistent for me:

Screenshot 2023-08-18 135211.png

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Surely that would mean the end of Alzate as a future Brighton player? - that would be a shame IMHO. I can see loans for some of out PL2 players - Moran, Samuels, Peupion - but Ayari, and particularly Buonanotte? - won't that leave us a bit short of club depth?

Caveat: yes, I'm well aware that the club know better than I do!

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I worry a bit about this:
“RDZ says without Caicedo it’s important not to lose possession easily”

He’s not wrong, but our entire style requires a swashbuckling approach and if the coach and team are worried about losing the ball without Moises to tidy up, it’s a complete change of mentality/approach from losing one player. Shows how important it is to find a good replacement quickly.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Surely that would mean the end of Alzate as a future Brighton player?
Must be.

But, as I have pointed out in the Alzate thread, we are blessed with similar players.

We don’t however have many (if any) similar players to Caicedo.

It’s a case of ‘too many’ rather than ‘not good enough’.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Surely that would mean the end of Alzate as a future Brighton player? - that would be a shame IMHO. I can see loans for some of out PL2 players - Moran, Samuels, Peupion - but Ayari, and particularly Buonanotte? - won't that leave us a bit short of club depth?

Caveat: yes, I'm well aware that the club know better than I do!
I was thinking that too about those two. Although maybe it's because the club is looking at two more MC-type replacements, in which case both Ayari and Buonanotte could benefit from loan spells. If only one new one comes in, then maybe only one of Ayari/Buonanotte goes out on loan?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I would be very surprised if Buonanotte went out on loan as he has been in most matchday squads since he arrived and he would be one of the 9 attacking players that RDZ mentioned last week. He will get plenty of opportunities with us once the Europa League gets going.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I would be very surprised if Buonanotte went out on loan as he has been in most matchday squads since he arrived and he would be one of the 9 attacking players that RDZ mentioned last week. He will get plenty of opportunities with us once the Europa League gets going.
Depends on who we sign.

Although both transfers have seemingly died, it was heavily rumoured that we’d targeted Cole Palmer or Mohammed Kudus. With either of those arriving, Buonanotte’s game time reduces substantially. If we get a similar player such as Lazar Samardzic, he’d surely be off on loan too. He needs a lot of game time to develop I think, more than we can give.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here