Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team News: Albion v Dagenham & Redbridge

simply the best

Feb 23, 2011
Gus Poyet will be without Gordon Greer for Tuesday night's clash against Dagenham & Redbridge.

The Scottish central defender begins a four-game ban following a red card for an off-the-ball incident against Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday, with Tommy Elphick set to step in.

Poyet told seagulls.co.uk, "We cannot control that. Players need to control themselves, but there is no drama. I said that players have got to be ready and there is now a great chance for Tommy to come in at an important time of the season.

"I remember Frank Leboeuf only played one game for France in the 1998 World Cup and that was the final, because Laurent Blanc got sent off in the semi-final. That was the day that France won the World Cup.

"Players want to be on the pitch. I'm sure Gordon will be disappointed but we all know how much he has done for us at the back this season. He is very important with the way we pass the ball as well as his strength in defence."

Elsewhere, Chris Holroyd has returned to Albion following a loan spell at League Two side Bury and is available for selection, but Jim McNulty remains on the sidelines as he continues his rehabilitation from an ankle operation.

Possible line-ups

Albion: (4-4-2) Ankergren; Calderon, El-Abd, Elphick, Painter; Bennett, Bridcutt, Dicker, Noone; Murray, Wood. Subs from: Brezovan (GK), Taricco, Dunk, Kishishev, Navarro, Jamie Smith, Forster-Caskey, Kasim, Sparrow, Battipiedi, Baz, Barnes, Hart, Agdestein, Sandaza, Holroyd.

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
Cool_story_bro.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here