Ryan

Montoya
Duffy
Dunk
Bernardo

Bissouma (Kayal 83')
Stephens
Propper

March (have to drop Knockaert due to ban)
Andone (Murray, 65')
Locadia (Izquierdo 75')

Give these boys the chance to make amends for yesterday. But, Cardiff will be playing for their premier league lives, so what we need to do is keep it tight, not get too adventurous too early. Soak up pressure and take the sting out of the game. We can't just recklessly press forward and risk being cut open on the counter, retaining possession is key. So take our time, not force anything, just keep the ball. If nothing's open just recycle it. Go again, and be patient. Stay in the game as long as possible. Then maybe try to win it in the last 20 when they're starting to tire.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ryan
Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong
Bissouma Stephens Pröpper Bernardo
Locadia Andone

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Don't really give a shit now to be honest. Chris will do his usual defensive line up and no one should have a nailed on place after Saturday.

Rather than waste a place up front why not go 4-6-0 in formation and try and hold out for a point? The irony is knowing our luck we'd probably manage more attempts on goal without playing a striker!

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Button
Bruno Duffy Dunk Bernardo
March Kayal Bissouma Gyokores
Jahanbaksh
Andone

Bold are the main changes for me. If March isn't fit then Jahanbaksh to right wing and Murray up with Andone.

edit - Button for Ryan who has been just awful and low on confidence.
Bruno in for experience and captainness and ability to cross, regardless of lack of pace now. We need his head and quality.
Kayal in for crunch and bite.

I do not want to see the same team that played Cardiff trying to redeem themselves. It'll just be same old same old.

Last edited:

Tyreman123

Jun 27, 2013
Button
Duffy Burn Dunk
March Stephens Propper Kayal Bernardo
Murray Andone

3 at the Back and Bernardo left Wing/full back

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
I suspect CH will pin his and Albions hopes on the return of Gross & March.

It might even work if we revert back to what has worked in the past with the 4-4-1-1 formation but I dont see it making any difference if we stay with the 4-3-3 hybrid V formation which after an initial success has failed for some time now with the players we have. I would actually support going back to 4-4-1-1 with Gross pushed forward in support rather than too deep to do any good but would ideally like us to go for it with a 4-4-2 and at least have two strikers supporting each other rather than one isolated with no supply or woeful crossing , hoof it forward and hope we have had recently just means the ball coming straight back at us.

Whoever plays and whatever the formation they have to step up and show they deserve to wear the shirt , no more hiding , no more 'learning' , no more excuses , now is the time to show they actually have what it takes.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ryan

Bruno
Dunk
Duffy
Bernardo

Alireza J
Stephens
Pröpper