Hove
Experimental XI.

---------------------------- Krul ----------------------------
------------ Goldson --- Duffy --- Dunk ---------------
Schelotto - Stephens - Pröpper - Kayal - Suttner
---------------- Iziquierdo* --- Hemed**----------------

* Or Baldock
** Or new signing, obv

I'm normally pretty steadfast in sticking with CH's 4-4-1-1, however when Bournemouth switched to 3 at the back half way through the 2nd half, it gave them the impetus, and we struggled to deal with the extra player in midfield. That kind of tactical switch is something we could explore, especially given how good Goldson looked when he played.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Krul
Rosenior Goldson BFG (one of the best players at the club!) Mateju
Kayal Molumby
Ahannach Alzate Tilley
Hemed

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'm normally pretty steadfast in sticking with CH's 4-4-1-1, however when Bournemouth switched to 3 at the back half way through the 2nd half, it gave them the impetus, and we struggled to deal with the extra player in midfield. That kind of tactical switch is something we could explore, especially given how good Goldson looked when he played.

Yep. Currently opponents know exactly what they're up against. And CH barely uses subs let alone switch tactics.

3-5-2 worth a go against the top six (away) imo. But this is the match to try it.

(NO chance, though, of course)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The FA Cup runners up haven't been able to qualify for the Europa League since the 2014-15 season.

Aston Villa lost to Arsenal in the 14-15 FA Cup final and as Arsenal had already qualified for the Champions League the Europa League spot went to the Southampton as the highest finishing Premier League Club not already qualified for Europe.

Southampton again benefited when Man Utd beat Palace in the 15-16 FA Cup final by getting the spot that would have previously gone to the FA Cup runners up.
Didn't know that - wasn't a topic of greatest interest to a Brighton fan really! Would have been good if United had already qualified in '83 though - guess we'll just have to win it now! :thumbsup:

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
It'll be

Krul
Schelotto Goldson BFG Bong (maybe rosenior for either fb)
March Kayal Molumby Murphy
Brown
Baldock

Maenpaa, Dunk, Rosenior, Propper, Izquierdo, Hemed, Groß

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Krul
Schelotto. Goldson. Hunemeier. Bong
March. Kayal. Stephens. Izquierdo
Brown
Hemed
Subs: Maenpaa. Suttner. Dunk. Knockaert. Hutchison. Baldock. Murray

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Throw in all the kids (preferably the U18s) so we don't have to play a fourth round match too. But as it's palarse, play the first team, beat them, then let the U18s loose on Man. City or someone in round four.

(That should make most people happy, but I'd much rather play to win all the way through. A Europa spot awaits the winners (and probably the runners up - we were out of luck with that in '83), and we aren't going to experience Europe through league positions).

I don't give a rats **** about Europe next season mate.

I also think that the very last thing on my mind if we won the Cup would be 'oh good we're in Europe'. ****s sake

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Krul
Rosenior, Goldson, BFG, Cox
Skalak, Kayal, Molumby, LuaLua
Brown
Baldock

Subs: Maenpaa, Alzate, Mateju, Ahannach, Hutchison, Tilley, Connolly.

No sense risking Murphy if he's going to join Rangers.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't give a rats **** about Europe next season mate.

I also think that the very last thing on my mind if we won the Cup would be 'oh good we're in Europe'. ****s sake
OK, so you don't give a rats, so what? I think it would be great.....mate........
Like you I don't expect to be there either, given that we'll exit from the cup as soon as we possibly can. I'd love us to be in Europe though - for a start we'd have much less trouble signing a striker if we were, and that's no error!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here