Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Swindon?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Whoever he puts out, they had better bring their water-wings,.... it has been ripping it down for the best part of 48 hours on and off here in the West Country... if Swindon don't have good drainage, it could be a write-off.

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
My updated team due to new signing!

Walton
Calderon - Greer - Hughes - Chicksen
Ince - Toko - Gardner
McCourt - LuaLua
O'Grady

Subs
Stockdale, Dunk, Bruno, Holla, Teixeira, CMS, Crofts

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Hope Fenelon is nowhere near the line up. He needs to go out on loan to Lewes Eastbourne or Whitehawk.

His last loan was to a team in League 2. Where he was good. Then he had a good pre-season. Why would we suddenly send him out to play in Conference South or lower?! You're having a right mare on this thread BG.

Stockdale
Bruno
Dunk
Hughes
Chicksen
Holla
Gardner
Crofts
Kaz/McCourt (hedge bets)
Colunga
O'Grady

Subs:
Walton
Calde
Greer
Ince
JFC
McCourt/Kaz
Fenelon

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
For tonight, I'd like to see;

------------------ Walton ------------------

--------- Hughes -------- Dunk ------------

Bruno ------ Ince ---- Toko ------ Chicksen

------- CMS --- McCourt --- LuaLua -------

---------------- O'Grady ------------------

But i think, as our squad stands, our strongest 11 would be;

---------------- Stockdale -----------------

---------- Greer ---------- Dunk -----------

Calderon --- Holla --- Gardener --- Bennett

------- March ---- Joao ---- LuaLua -------

----------------- Colunga ------------------

I think Colunga could play in the LuaLua role, which will leave the option open for him being used as a 'super-sub' but we will need the new 'number 9' for that to happen.

Our squad is looking good, with good depth in most areas. Lenihan and the 'number 9' would be the icing on the cake.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Villa have apparently given permission for Gardner to play so would expect to see him in the line up. As regards everybody saying about Teixera being on a season loan I stand to be corrected but believe that this can be terminated after January and him recalled if Liverpool wish so on that asumption have they given permission for him to play.

I must admit I am not 100% au fait with the loan regulations.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Villa have apparently given permission for Gardner to play so would expect to see him in the line up. As regards everybody saying about Teixera being on a season loan I stand to be corrected but believe that this can be terminated after January and him recalled if Liverpool wish so on that asumption have they given permission for him to play.

I must admit I am not 100% au fait with the loan regulations.

The loan can be terminated during the January transfer window, not before, and not after.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Bruno ------ Ince --- Gardner---- Toko ------ Chicksen

------- CMS ( Colunga if cleared )--- McCourt -------

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Hence my view that Liverpool may not allow him to play, but a number on here say it is a foregone decision that they will as he is on a season loan and they wont need him.

There will only be the semi finals and the final left once the transfer window opens and there is the remote possibility that he could be recalled. I really don't think Liverpool are going to worry too much about him being available if they are still in the competition and they do recall him. I am sure a club as big as Liverpool will have one or two players who can cover his absence.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Walton is currently playing for the U21s at Middlesbrough... so he's not playing...

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Bruno ------ Ince --- Gardner---- Toko ------ Chicksen

------- CMS ( Colunga if cleared )--- McCourt -------

Exactly this but Stockdale for Walton

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There will only be the semi finals and the final left once the transfer window opens and there is the remote possibility that he could be recalled. I really don't think Liverpool are going to worry too much about him being available if they are still in the competition and they do recall him. I am sure a club as big as Liverpool will have one or two players who can cover his absence.

If he does well for us, as seems likely, he could be recalled earlyJanuary. It must be remembered they used him last season when on the run in to the title so obviously rate him highly. We shall see in 6 hours or so but dont rule out a refusal of permission to play

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Albion playing in Wiltshire. Wiltshire playing in Middlesbrough?

I am still mystified about the new Albion formation. It does seem that both full backs can get caught out and there is a huge space on our right wing.

Against Bolton, early on Calderon was beaten with ease and the cut back could have been a goal, and Bolton missed with a free header. We could have been 0-2 down and our defence looked a darn sight better against Wednesday.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If he does well for us, as seems likely, he could be recalled earlyJanuary. It must be remembered they used him last season when on the run in to the title so obviously rate him highly. We shall see in 6 hours or so but dont rule out a refusal of permission to play

He played for 8 mins against Fulham and then was an unused sub in their next three games then didn't get in the squad for the rest of the season. If Liverpool were worried about him playing in the semi final or final of the league cup they'd have kept him and used him in that competition. They've sent him out to get experience, if he does well enough to warrant a recall in January (season long aloans very rarely get recalled in January btw unless the parent club are going to sell) then they are not going to be worried that he can't play in a cup competition they haven't needed him for up until that point. They want him to develop, he will be here for the season, they aren't going to stop him playing on the off chance he might be recalled due to an injury crisis and they still find themselves in the league cup.

All that said I'm sure it would have been mentioned in news reports already if he wasn't able to play, the argus would have mentioned it in their earlier article about March and Kemy beimg absent tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here