[Albion] Team for Marseille (h)

scooter1

How soon is now?
Bart​
Veltman ----- Dunk -------- Igor ----- Hinshelwood
Gilmour -------- Baleba​
Adingra---------Gross--------Mitoma​
Joao Pedro​
Assuming Dunk is ok after going off on Saturday, then this would be my preferred line-up. Or possibly JPvH and Dunk as the CB's with Igor on the left(Hinsh on the bench).
Lallana was poor on Saturday and despite the fact that I thought the signing of Milner would be great, he's been exposed too many times in an unnatural position for him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why are we 6/4 on favourites?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Thought Hinshelwood looked good in the box, made great runs to have 3 chances. Would have him playing further up if and when he plays.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hopefully RDZ bins off the back 3 approach. I just don’t think it gives us enough attacking impetus. That means no Baleba for me as I think RDZ has lost faith in him as a central midfielder for now.

———————-Verbruggen——————-
Veltman——-Dunk———-Igor—-—--Groß
————Gilmour————Dahoud————
Adingra—-——Buonanotte——-——Mitoma
———————Joao Pedro———————

I think Lallana can be ruled out as he only plays once a week but was poor against Burnley anyways. No one wanted to pass to Milner at the weekend so he may as well be dropped too.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
After the initial hiccup v AEK we haven't lost again in Europe, and have only lost one league game at home this season.......?
Lost one, yes. But we've drawn a few and we're odds on to win. Just seems odd to me.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Couldn’t see a match day thread for tonight? Can someone start one? Also, could only see Dunk’s comments about the match atmosphere needed on the Albion site - is there any information on who’s fit/RDZ presser etc All seems a bit low key …

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Couldn’t see a match day thread for tonight? Can someone start one? Also, could only see Dunk’s comments about the match atmosphere needed on the Albion site - is there any information on who’s fit/RDZ presser etc All seems a bit low key …
You're a day early in all regards!

The presser will be the usual UEFA one this evening, at a guess.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
You're a day early in all regards!

The presser will be the usual UEFA one this evening, at a guess.
Ok thanks - getting a day ahead of myself in anticipation - good job I haven’t caught the train yet 🙄

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Any news on Veltman?

RDZ in presser was just asked if any extra injuries or people back. RDZ said same as last PL match, except Moder not eligible.

Last PL squad also had no Veltman?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Any news on Veltman?

RDZ in presser was just asked if any extra injuries or people back. RDZ said same as last PL match, except Moder not eligible.

He is in the training video, released today.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Any news on Veltman?

As far as we're aware, Veltman wasn't out because he was injured, but for other personal reasons, so it's reasonable that RdZ would have replied to a question about injuries in that way.

Let's hope this is correct and we have Velts available!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Think this poster’s track record has become a bit suspect, but…..

He literally guesses and has no clue!

Nobody will have the team leaked and it may not even be finalised or made available to the players yet. Total chancer.

Poor guesses though - apart from the first which is obvious, RDZ has said Welbeck may be on bench at Arsenal not tomorrow. Also the guess in Veltman may not be correct as he’s training. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
He literally guesses and has no clue!

Nobody will have the team leaked and it may not even be finalised or made available to the players yet. Total chancer.

Poor guesses though - apart from the first which is obvious, RDZ has said Welbeck may be on bench at Arsenal not tomorrow. Also the guess in Veltman may not be correct as he’s training. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yes, he just makes it up. I reckon Veltman will play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here