Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Lincoln?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Having had the day off yesterday, I believe Murray may well play a part at Lincoln.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think we'll put out a team good enough to win so will be disappointed if we lose. I think it will mainly involve those who did not start last night including Maenpaa, Tomori, Huhenmeier, Adekugbe, Ince, Norwood, Sidwell, Towell and Skalak. Might even start one of Murray or Hemed as we don't have an extra forward, depending on how much we want to win.

To those who say they don't care about the result, remember our last title winning season. We played Woking home in the cup, put out a reserve side and only drew. Having been on incredible form in the league, we then didn't win in five games. I agree a cup run could get in the way but it also might be beneficial and it is crucial to keep up our momentum. We will need the players who play on Saturday to feature in future league games and it won't help their confidence if they've lost to Lincoln in their previous match.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I think it will look a bit like this:

------------Maenpaa
Tomori-----Goldson----BFG-----Adekugbe
Skalak----Kayal (needs mins)---Sidwell-----Bjordal (wouldn't want to risk March with Lincolns heavy tackling)
------------------Towell
---------------------Hemed (again wouldn't want to risk Murray)

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Hughton must be tempted to rest Hemed as well. We'll do what the Spanish do and play no recognised striker. False number 9:thumbsup:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Lincoln will be well up for this and actually probably fancy their chances against some of the line ups suggested on here, I think CH will pick a balanced team with GM, AK, on the bench to bring on if we look in trouble, I don't believe CH wants to lose as momentum is everything sometimes benefiting the team all round. Even a draw would not be a bad result giving bench warmers another warm up and game time in case they are required in the future. Plus I still have a little gripe with Lincoln from the dark days and our little aggro with them, snotty little no marks.

I wonder what odds Lincoln are for the win ?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Our new striker will play up top.

/sniggers and runs away

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Important to note that Lincoln are likely to have that massive fat bloke (also has a really bad combover but that doesn't affect his game) up front so we'll need a bit of GRUNT in defence, if not necessarily pace.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
image.jpg

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Although he could suffer an injury in the next gane I still wouldn't risk TH. The cup will still be there next year and years after we're all dead and buried.

Hopefully a weakened team but one that should see off a NL side.

5th round will hopefully cause bigger selection problems

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bruno, Baldock and Bong ruled out.

Rosenior maybe.

Towell looks certain to play.

GenericJames

Apr 2, 2016
Maenppa

Tomori
Hunemeier
Goldson
Adekugbe

Kayal
Sidwell

March
Towell
Skalak

Hemed

We played a 4-2-3-1 sort of shape against MK Dons and I can't see us changing it up too much for a game against Lincoln. It's a shame Rob Hunt's gone out on loan now because I thought he looked ace against MK. Could be a good chance for individuals like Hemed, Goldson, Skalak etc. to really put a foot down and show what they're made of!

Prediction: 2-0 to the Albion.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Maaenpa

Rosenior
Goldson
Humenier
Tomori

Skalak
Sidwell
Kayal (needs match fitness)
March

Towell

Hemed

I agree that Kayal needs more game time, but I don't think March does. He's getting game time and I think he might be rested tomorrow. Hemed depends on whether Baldock is expected to be fit for the Huddersfield game or not.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
We'll need players that can battle and compete physically, that'd rule Ince & Murphy out

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Looking forward to seeing if Tomori can make an impact....hopefully he won't get this sort of attention (the hand) :moo:

IMG_0299.JPG

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here