Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Gillingham

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
With most of us still basking in the glory of yesterday's wonderful result and occasion, I thought I'd take an opportunity to look forward to Tuesday's first night game at the Amex.

Gus has said he'll play a strong team but I wonder how many he'll choose to leave out. Hopefully Hoskins is fit to play and I personally would like to see us start in a 4-4-2, as I thought we looked far more dangerous lined up like that yesterday. With the wingers only getting a maximum of 45 minutes each yesterday there should be no issues with tiredness.

I think Brezovan will play and with CMS away I wouldn't be surprised to see Bergkamp given a chance. My team would be as follows:

----------------Brezovan-----------------

---Vincelot---Dunk---Greer---Painter---

--Buckley---Navarro--Sparrow--Noone-

-------------Hoskins---Bergkamp-------

Subs (not sure if there are five or seven?):

Poke
Taricco
LuaLua
Barnes
Dicker

A good opportunity to give a few players a rest with a big game on Saturday, while giving some squad players a chance.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Seven subs :)

I wouldn't be suprised to see Bergkamp, Agdestein, JFC, Kasim, Cook, Navarro and Smith to feature somewhere in the eighteen, but with a strong backbone to the team. Hoskins and Vincelot to start, and a possible cameo for Taricco.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
my team would be
brez
vincelot
greer
cook
painter
buckley
bridcutt
navarro
noone
hoskins if fit or barnes
bergkamp

subs
poke
dunk
lua lua
barnes or hoskins
JFC

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Ankergren, Vincelot, Greer, Cook, Painter, Bridcutt, Navarro, Buckley, Noone, Hoskins, Barnes

Subs: Brez, Calde, JFC, Navarro, KLL, Agdestein, Bergkamp

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I kind of hope Brezovan doesn't play. Every time I've seen him recently he's looked poor.

HP Seagull

Sep 26, 2008
I'll add Forster-Caskey and Cook to my subs, would definitely like JFC to get some game-time. I'd like to see Jamie Smith in the squad too but not sure who to leave out.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
1. Ankergren
2. Calderon
3. Painter
4. Bridcutt
5. Cook
6. Greer
7. Buckley
8. Hoskins
9. Barnes
10. Vincelot
11. Noone

Subs
Brezovan
Lualua
Dunk
Agdestein
Dicker
Bergkamp
Navarro

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
I think I'll go for:

Brez - really is down to his last chance really.
Vincelot - Greer - Cook - Painter
Buckley - Smith - Navarro - Noone
Barnes - Hoskins

Subs:
Poke
Dunk
Kasim
JFC
Bergkamp
Agdestein

Possibly with Ankergren starting with Brez on the bench. I'd like to see Cook, Smith, Navs and JFC in the squad more than any others tbh.

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
Brez; Vincelot, Dunk, Cook, Painter;Sparrow, Dicker, Navarro, Noone; Barnes, Hoskins

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Brezovan

Vincelot
Dunk
Greer
Tarricco (Painter if still injured)

Buckley
Forster-Caskey
Bridcutt
Noone

Hoskins (Toby if he still injured)
Bergkamp

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Brezovan (last chance saloon)
Vincelot
Cook
Hall
Tarrico
Navarro
Buckley
Lua Lua
Sparrow
Hoskins
Bergkamp

Subs to include: Dicker, Forster-Caskey, Barnes, Greer, Noone,.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
I kind of hope Brezovan doesn't play. Every time I've seen him recently he's looked poor.

Is that due to lack of ability or lack of games, though? Or a combination of the two? Given that Poke seems to be viewed by Poyet as a last resort, would it not be better to give our "back up" keeper some game time?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Brez; Vincelot, Dunk, Cook, Painter;Sparrow, Dicker, Navarro, Noone; Barnes, Hoskins

I'm not sure we'll change the back line much at this stage of the season, although it might be sensible to play Cook I suppose at CB. Wonder if Vincelot could start in midfield?

Or here's an interesting one. Vincelot, although he's short, was first and foremost a CB earlier in his career. Maybe he'll get a run out there.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
would love to see Caskey play...........really think he could push for a place in the first 11 this season, he just seems to not care who the opposition is, as he has natural class and ability.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
With most of us still basking in the glory of yesterday's wonderful result and occasion, I thought I'd take an opportunity to look forward to Tuesday's first night game at the Amex.

Gus has said he'll play a strong team but I wonder how many he'll choose to leave out. Hopefully Hoskins is fit to play and I personally would like to see us start in a 4-4-2, as I thought we looked far more dangerous lined up like that yesterday. With the wingers only getting a maximum of 45 minutes each yesterday there should be no issues with tiredness.

I think Brezovan will play and with CMS away I wouldn't be surprised to see Bergkamp given a chance. My team would be as follows:

----------------Brezovan-----------------

---Vincelot---Dunk---Greer---Painter---

--Buckley---Navarro--Sparrow--Noone-

-------------Hoskins---Bergkamp-------

Subs (not sure if there are five or seven?):

Poke
Taricco
LuaLua
Barnes
Dicker

A good opportunity to give a few players a rest with a big game on Saturday, while giving some squad players a chance.

I've only seen Caskey in his Watford run out, so would love it if he played a part.

I'd also like Bergkamp to surprise me and get all 18 goals ina 18-3 thumping. And CMS to score for Scotland.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
would love to see Caskey play...........really think he could push for a place in the first 11 this season, he just seems to not care who the opposition is, as he has natural class and ability.

Watching Dunk, JFC and Cook, it's great to see the composure of these younger players, they slot right into the team. A triumph for the youth and reserve coaches!

HP Seagull

Sep 26, 2008
I've only seen Caskey in his Watford run out, so would love it if he played a part.

I'd also like Bergkamp to surprise me and get all 18 goals ina 18-3 thumping. And CMS to score for Scotland.

I agree re Caskey - see my second post. To be honest I forgot about him (sorry Jake!). I'd love to see him start, but I can't see Gus agreeing with me to be honest.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I agree re Caskey - see my second post. To be honest I forgot about him (sorry Jake!). I'd love to see him start, but I can't see Gus agreeing with me to be honest.

missed that was you as you need to re-fresh your avatar as it isn't there anymore.

Bring back Danny Cullip!

HP Seagull

Sep 26, 2008
missed that was you as you need to re-fresh your avatar as it isn't there anymore.

Bring back Danny Cullip!

How do I do that then? I wondered why it disappeared a while back!

Danny Cullip for England!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here