Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Forest.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Can't see the same starting team. Forest away are a quite different prospect to Palace at home and think they'll set out to batter us from the start, we're going to need a set up a bit more resilient I think

Kooshack

Calde
Greer
Upson
Bridge

Bridcutt
Hammond

Dave
Orlandi
Lua Lua

Ulloa

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Can't see the same starting team. Forest away are a quite different prospect to Palace at home and think they'll set out to batter us from the start, we're going to need a set up a bit more resilient I think
Agree. Poyet always picks the team to match / beat the opposition, not just his 'best 11'. Sorry to upset the armchair managers on here who believe that Forest will be an identical proposition to Palace (they won't).

Kooshack

Calde
Greer
Upson
Bridge

Bridcutt
Crofts

Dave
Orlandi
Buckley

Ulloa

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Don't change a winning team but you know that Poyet will.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Can't change a team that smashed 3 past palace.But I think Poyet will, he'll probably add either crofts or Hammond along side Bridcutt in the middle.

As long as GladUlloa is playing we will be fine :)

Jimmy Grimble

Kooshack

Calde
Greer
Upson
Bridge

Bridcutt
Hammond

Dave
Orlandi
Lua Lua

Ulloa

I suspect this will be the starting XI.

D_B

Mar 18, 2013
Don't know how Lansbury is after the England 21 game, but if he's fit, we'll likely play...

---------Darlow

Jara-Ward-Collins-Cohen

-------Guedioura

Lansbury----------Reid

--------Majewski

----Cox-------Henderson

McGugan, Blackstock, Sharp, Halford, Evtimov, Moussi, Greening on the bench,

That's the most simplistic way our describing our formation. But our midfield is pretty fluid in it's shape. It often ends up with Reid coming central, Majewski going slightly left, and Cox dropping in deep.

We usually see a lot of the ball in midfield and don't let the opposition play when we don't have it. That's why it will be such a good game on Saturday, because you have some very good players who are capable of playing under pressure, as do we, so the midfield battle will be very interesting. I think it would be a smart move to have more of an 'enforcer' in there. Because Reid is very hard to pick up, and that's how teams have combatted him recently, and he's been quiet the last two games.

Whoever mentioned Guedioura as a threat is spot on. He's our playmaker. In England, there seems to be this idea that the deepest midfielder should be a 'destoyer' type, when in reality, the best ones are the most gifted and bravest players who will take the ball in tight situations and start the play. That's what Guedioura does for us. He's complimented very well with Lansbury, who is techinally good, but also such a hard-worker, so we'll miss him if we're out. Although McGugan would be his replacement probably.

RE: Dan Harding. He doesn't even get in our squad at the minute.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
They have an obvious weakness at right back. Lualua could start!

Forest also play 4-4-2 which means that will accept a draw at home.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Buckleys got to start he's destroyed forest this season and last season.

Jimmy Grimble

Don't know how Lansbury is after the England 21 game, but if he's fit, we'll likely play...

---------Darlow

Jara-Ward-Collins-Cohen

-------Guedioura

Lansbury----------Reid

--------Majewski

----Cox-------Henderson

McGugan, Blackstock, Sharp, Halford, Evtimov, Moussi, Greening on the bench,

That's the most simplistic way our describing our formation. But our midfield is pretty fluid in it's shape. It often ends up with Reid coming central, Majewski going slightly left, and Cox dropping in deep.

We usually see a lot of the ball in midfield and don't let the opposition play when we don't have it. That's why it will be such a good game on Saturday, because you have some very good players who are capable of playing under pressure, as do we, so the midfield battle will be very interesting. I think it would be a smart move to have more of an 'enforcer' in there. Because Reid is very hard to pick up, and that's how teams have combatted him recently, and he's been quiet the last two games.

Whoever mentioned Guedioura as a threat is spot on. He's our playmaker. In England, there seems to be this idea that the deepest midfielder should be a 'destoyer' type, when in reality, the best ones are the most gifted and bravest players who will take the ball in tight situations and start the play. That's what Guedioura does for us. He's complimented very well with Lansbury, who is techinally good, but also such a hard-worker, so we'll miss him if we're out. Although McGugan would be his replacement probably.

RE: Dan Harding. He doesn't even get in our squad at the minute.

Not surprised on Harding not being the squad, not really getting your wages worth on him are you? I think you might collapse if I told you how much he's on a week.

D_B

Mar 18, 2013
I wouldn't be suprised if he was on around 10k p/w.

we signed him from a newly promoted Prem club, when we were in a desperate situation with only about 6 contracted players.

Jara has been fantastic for us, fitted in perfectly.

Jimmy Grimble

I wouldn't be suprised if he was on around 10k p/w.

we signed him from a newly promoted Prem club, when we were in a desperate situation with only about 6 contracted players.

Jara has been fantastic for us, fitted in perfectly.

Close, 15k. Doubled what he was on at Southampton :lolol:

I'd like to think Buckley or Lua Lua will have the better of Jara. He was prone to lapses of concentration for us.

D_B

Mar 18, 2013
Hey ho, just means more arab money is going towards British taxes!

He's been solid for us, only let down has been his final ball. Although i'd expect Lua Lua and Buckley to have the beating of most full-backs a few times during games.

If he struggles Davies wont hesitate to bring Sam Hutchinson on for him, who is easily our best defender, just had huge injuries troubles, and then earlier in the season Chelsea gave him an injection and it put him out for months. Massive shame he seems to be a crock, because he looks all the world like a Prem defender.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It's a blow that Harding won't be playing but it was only a matter of time before he got found out and spent a long stint in the reserves. Reyes was ok for us but I always thought he looked prone to a red card so hopefully that will happen on Saturday.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
el Abd is suspended and my mum would need heavenly intervention to make the bench.

I agree with the pruncioal of attacking though as Forest will surely score a couple at least so we need 2 or 3

I will have a tenner with you that they don't score more than 2 or more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here