Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Charlton (H)

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Im gunna go for who I actually think Gus will pick & who I'd rather see.

Gus Team

Kuszczak

Bruno ... Greer ... El-Abd ... Bridge

Bridcutt

Dicker ... Hammond

Buckley .................. Barnes

CMS

My Team

Kuszczak

Bruno ... Greer ... El-Abd ... Bridge

Bridcutt ... Crofts

Lopez .................. Buckley

Dobbie

Hoskins​

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hopefully Hoskins will play in place of CMS and really hope that injury to Orlandi is not as bad as first feared

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Have people forgotten just how SHIT Dicker is? If we have to turn to that donkey to turn things round I will be worried.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
It is rather concerning that with a stronger squad we don't seem to have progressed hugely since this time last year. You would hope we would now be more experienced and resilient at this level and better able to get something out of a game like today's, even when things don't go our way. Only a day or two ago many on here were posting that we would give someone a right battering sometime soon. Ironically it was us that got a battering today and a good deal of it was self inflicted.

The Charlton game will be a good indicator of our ability to get back on track or whether the scars from today will haunt us for a while. I presume Dunk will be suspended and with Orlandi injured plus one or two others might get rested so there will be chances for others to claim a starting place - maybe El Abd, Lopez, Dobbie and Hoskins might get a run out.

I also think it may be a defining moment in terms of Gus understanding the deficiencies in the squad and what might be needed in the transfer window. As previously stated on here back in August I feel we should have strengthened the central defence. Greer is ok but does look vulnerable under pressure and isn't assured in the air.

In the meantime this is a test of Gus's ability to revive the team's morale. The performance at The Valley will show if Gus has what it takes and whether we can fight our way into the play offs. Someone quite rightly pointed out that it was only 3 points lost today and there are around 25 games still to go, so its not the end of the world. I wonder if Tony Bloom would really accept another 10th place finish, which looks fairly realistic at moment?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
-------------------Kuszczak----------------------
---Bruno-------El-Abd------Greer-----Bridge----
-------------------Bridcutt-----------------------
---------Crofts--------------Dicker--------------
-------------------Dobbie------------------------
-----------Buckley--------Hoskins----------------

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
..................Kuszczak

Bruno~~~Greer~~~El-abd~~~Bridge

..........Bridcutt~~~Hammond

Buckley~~~~~Dobbie~~~~~Barnes

.....................Hoskins

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
It is rather concerning that with a stronger squad we don't seem to have progressed hugely since this time last year. You would hope we would now be more experienced and resilient at this level and better able to get something out of a game like today's, even when things don't go our way. Only a day or two ago many on here were posting that we would give someone a right battering sometime soon. Ironically it was us that got a battering today and a good deal of it was self inflicted.

The Charlton game will be a good indicator of our ability to get back on track or whether the scars from today will haunt us for a while. I presume Dunk will be suspended and with Orlandi injured plus one or two others might get rested so there will be chances for others to claim a starting place - maybe El Abd, Lopez, Dobbie and Hoskins might get a run out.

I also think it may be a defining moment in terms of Gus understanding the deficiencies in the squad and what might be needed in the transfer window. As previously stated on here back in August I feel we should have strengthened the central defence. Greer is ok but does look vulnerable under pressure and isn't assured in the air.

In the meantime this is a test of Gus's ability to revive the team's morale. The performance at The Valley will show if Gus has what it takes and whether we can fight our way into the play offs. Someone quite rightly pointed out that it was only 3 points lost today and there are around 25 games still to go, so its not the end of the world. I wonder if Tony Bloom would really accept another 10th place finish, which looks fairly realistic at moment?

pray tell me, why would some players need a 'rest?'

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Glenn Murray

Glenn Murray Lewis Dunk Glenn Murray Glenn Murray

Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray Glenn Murray

Glenn Murray Glenn Murray

Actually Dunk is banned isn't he? I'll go for Glenn Murray instead.

Feb 14, 2010
CMS still has 9 goals in 17 appearances yet people want him dropped ?

Does he need to score EVERY week ?

You fail to mention that he misses 2 or 3 chances week in week out. If you get 6 chances a game then scoring 9 in 17 is not a very good record is it. Oh for a Murray, Ward,, Zamora or even a Nelson.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Kooshack

Bruno
Rugrat - won't push anyone in the back and run away
El Abd
Calderon

Bridcutt

Hammond
Lopez (not sure what pos he plays but there's a slot here so give him a go)
Buckley

Dobbie
Hoskins

Feb 14, 2010
Yeah but we haven't

Missed chances or not 9 in 17 is still good

We have created more chances than any side I can remember, week in week out. Week in week out Barnes and CMS miss sitter after sitter after sitter. The frankly couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo and need 6 or 7 chances to score 1 between them. Murray, even Nelson and certainly Zamora or Ward in the side would mean we are top, instead the missed chances mean we are mid table. No point denying it, Poyet made a huge mistake in letting Murray go and spending the cash on CMS, although CMS is in my book, marginally better than Barnes but we need a fox in the box goal scorer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here