Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Arsenal on NYE ‘22

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
With the likes of Welbeck, Webster, Moder and possibly Lallana injured, Caicedo suspended and Mac celebrating; there aren’t a lot of options for RDZ. It’s quite easy to second guess his teams anyway but I’d be surprised if we don’t see this:

——————-—Sanchez———————-
Veltman——Dunk——Colwill—-Estupiñán
————-Groß———-Gilmour—————
March————Sarmiento————Mitoma
———————Trossard————————

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Any sauce saying Lallana is injured?
If that is the case I would guess perhaps another defender (Lamptey perhaps most likely with Veltman moving centrally) rather than Sarmiento. RDZ is not someone who changes tactics a lot but sometimes... it is what it is.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Lallana is not injured ?

Mitoma was limping at the end of the Southampton game if memory serves me correct

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Any sauce saying Lallana is injured?
If that is the case I would guess perhaps another defender (Lamptey perhaps most likely with Veltman moving centrally) rather than Sarmiento. RDZ is not someone who changes tactics a lot but sometimes... it is what it is.
No concrete sauce at all, just rumours on social media.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Starting a rumour of The Lana being injured isn't exactly shooting for the moon, is it?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
——————-—Sanchez———————-
Veltman——Dunk——Colwill—-Estupiñán
————-Groß———-Gilmour—————
March————Tross————Mitoma
———————Ferguson————————
This is a free hit given no Mac, Moises, Welbz, Webster and Lallana. Unquestionably five of our most important players.
Give the kid a go. Worst that can happen Is we lose. Ferguson seems like the sort of kid who won't be phased. He's risen to every challenge so far.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Thanks, I wouldn’t want some idiot accusing me of starting a rumour! 😂
I remember Oli Solskar saying that when he slid in to celebrate his Champions League final goal it was the start of his persistent knee injury… Why do they do it ?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This thread is going well. The OP assumes that Lallana will be out injured, although there's little to base that on. Ditto that Welbeck will be out, despite RdZ in his Saints pre-match presser indicating that he's on course to be available for that. Webster is also presumed out, although RdZ said in the same presser that he might be available for NYE.
Maybe let's wait until RdZ's pre-match press conference before writing anyone else off.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This thread is going well. The OP assumes that Lallana will be out injured, although there's little to base that on. Ditto that Welbeck will be out, despite RdZ in his Saints pre-match presser indicating that he's on course to be available for that. Webster is also presumed out, although RdZ said in the same presser that he might be available for NYE.
Maybe let's wait until RdZ's pre-match press conference before writing anyone else off.
I agree apart from Webster who appears to take an eternity to recover from the slightest knock.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Ideally the same side but Gilmour comes in for Caicedo.

Gilmour and Gross in the midfield, clearly a classy pairing, but not one that screams athleticism and bite. Not much choice though, we're nearly out of midfilders

Sarmiento the most obvious replacement for Lallana if not fit
I agree apart from Webster who appears to take an eternity to recover from the slightest knock.
And also he's nowhere near as good when he's just come into the side than when he's had a run of games. I think colwill would keep his place whatever

Red Squirrel

Oct 13, 2022
The Highlands

Brighton v Arsenal (17:30 GMT)​

What a game this will be. If Arsenal go to Brighton and win then that will be a sign that they can go all the way and win the title.

Snapshot of the top of the Premier League: 1st Arsenal, 2nd Man City, 3rd Newcastle, 4th Tottenham, 5th Man Utd & 6th Liverpool

It was massive for the Gunners that Eddie Nketiah scored in their win over West Ham, and he took his goal really well too, but this is a big test of their resolve, and the sort of game where they will miss the injured Gabriel Jesus.

Brighton knocked Arsenal out of the Carabao Cup earlier in the season but they actually have a decent record against them in the Premier League in recent years, and beat them at Emirates Stadium in April.

I'm going for another Seagulls success here, although the way they play means Arsenal will have chances.

Sutton's prediction: 2-1

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
No Caciedo,no problem,Swiss Army Veltman will slot in there and we'll go to a back 4 with Tariq coming in.

You've not been charged for this gobbledygook

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Brighton v Arsenal (17:30 GMT)​

What a game this will be. If Arsenal go to Brighton and win then that will be a sign that they can go all the way and win the title.

Snapshot of the top of the Premier League: 1st Arsenal, 2nd Man City, 3rd Newcastle, 4th Tottenham, 5th Man Utd & 6th Liverpool

It was massive for the Gunners that Eddie Nketiah scored in their win over West Ham, and he took his goal really well too, but this is a big test of their resolve, and the sort of game where they will miss the injured Gabriel Jesus.

Brighton knocked Arsenal out of the Carabao Cup earlier in the season but they actually have a decent record against them in the Premier League in recent years, and beat them at Emirates Stadium in April.

I'm going for another Seagulls success here, although the way they play means Arsenal will have chances.

Sutton's prediction: 2-1
Wow!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think a press conference today in about 15 mins as they are now normally Fridays 830 before training.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here